Full 1953 Pepsi bottle with a 1986 cap on it

justmedeb

Sep 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what we have, a full 12 ounce Pepsi, never opened that my husband purchased in 1986. He thought it might be worth something someday so packed it away and brought it out a couple weeks ago. I had a local Pepsi collector come and see it and he put a value of at least 1200-1500 USD on it. This is a Pepsi Canada bottle and the Pepsi was bottled in Montreal Canada. I would love to get opinions as to value and any help would be greatly appreciated. I am not sure how to provide pictures but will try.:icon_scratch: The cap has a contest on it called "Music Poll Sweepstakes" that is how we were able to determine the year of the cap.

Well, I don't know much about Pepsi bottles (esp Canadian) but if a guy told me it was worth that I would have tried to negotiate a sale with him! I really can't see it being worth a whole lot. I'm not trying to be rude or discouraging, just honest

Last edited:
I have a friend who has an extensive Pepsi collection. I'll check with him.

Guess how many people drank from that bottle before it got recycled again in 1986. That's the way it used to be done. Cash in your bottles, they are washed and reused. Those were the days my friend.

People have been recapping bottles forever, now it's done and they're being sold on Ebay hoping to get a sucker to buy a Pepsi bottle with a Coke cap, or they put a machine part in the bottle and cap it saying how rare it is that the machine part fell in during the filling process. There is little value to your bottle in reality and no way of knowing the real story behind the cap. Your local Pepsi 'expert' is either a fool or a BS artist, sell it to him if he offers you anything over $25 IMHO....

If he buys it I'll cap you bottles by the case and we can both milk that cow until it's out of milk, sorry for being so blunt.

Last edited:
Yep, epackage is spot on. My friend says your bottle in mint condition might sell for 30 dollars on a good day. Contents and cap are irrelevant.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back