What's new

Full $500 Box of Kansas State Quarters

JasonB

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
750
Reaction score
17
Golden Thread
0
Location
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
I'm headed to pick up what I'm told is a full box of 2005 Kansas State Quarters and another 2010 P box of dimes (I've done well on the first two I've gotten).

Anyone know where I can sell the Kansas quarters, besides eBay? Any dealers here interested?

I'll post a pic when I get them.

JasonB
 
Upvote 0
Jason,
I have no idea what the quarters are worth. You might want to try selling the dimes by the roll.You might make double of what you got for the last box.
HH
Rich
 
Kansas P or D? The second best error coin out there is on the kansas P coin. If it is all P's, you might want to break them open and check them. :-)

It says "In God we rust" instead of "trust" on some Kansas P coins. It is a grease mark that obliterated the T in trust. But very significant because of where it is, and second best state quarter error after the Wisconsin leaf error (done on purpose by someone in Denver)

Anyway, if you get a "rust" quarter, that is worth some bucks. And being new like it is, it could be worh even more. :-)

FYI
 
I always thought that it might be...... I mean how does something get added to, if not on purpose. If both mints had two leaves on that side and then some were coined with only one, from one mint or the other, I could see how that could happen.
 
Ju8vP3t said:
The Wisconsin Leaf "error" was deliberate?

Yes, they determined that an employee at the Denver mint carved in that extra leaf. they caught it fairly quickly, but obviously there are still quite a few out there. I've found one lower leaf error so far, and kept it. A trophy from CRH. :-)

they never found out WHO that employee was though. Maybe he will duplicate his work in the future on some other coin. :-)
 
hehehe, i wonder if he snatched some b4 the were wrapped & distributed, otherwise he has to pay a butt-load for his own master piece! :laughing9: good luck on the quarters!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom