What's new

Fully endorse - The New Successful Coin Hunting

TheElementOfSand

Full Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2012
Messages
195
Reaction score
45
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fort Wayne
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT E-series, Whites Beachhunter, Garrett Ace350, Garret 76'-77'Fortune Hunter, Cen-tech Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not read very often but this is one book I figured I should read as a new detectorist. I just finished Charles Garrett's :goldcoin:The New Successful Coin Hunting:goldcoin: and its a great book. Yes it is a bit of a dry read as it is more based as a manual rather than a novel, but it is full of great info and many great stories. He is very thorough in explaining almost every aspect of detecting. My favorite parts of the book Garrett gives some very odd places to hunt that may just pay off in a very good way. The book is more so based on teaching a newbie about detecting but there are plenty of tips and stories for any advanced detectorist to learn from. Bottom line if you havn't read it go get it and have a good read.
 
I hope its better then the detectors lol
 
Bit cruel Dusty !
 
OK maybe it was abit cruel after all i am going to keep my pro pointer
 
Last edited:
Hey now Play Nice! Garrett makes simple everyday consumer priced yet very effective detectors. I currently own two of them the 1976-77 Fortune Hunter and I just recently purchased the Ace350 and this thing is amazing for the price. I'm detecting small dime size items well over 8" in the hard ground through rocks and such. Garrett's customer service is second to none. They sent me parts not just last week for my 38 year old detector even though I am the 3rd owner. How much does your detector cost two? three? four times as much as my 350? Oh and who worked for NASA that designed and built your detector dusty. And how long do your batteries last in your detector? My Ace350 gets 20-40 hours off 4 AA batteries. Oh and total it only weighs 2.8Lbs. GL everyone and HH :occasion14:
 
Hey now Play Nice! Garrett makes simple everyday consumer priced yet very effective detectors. I currently own two of them the 1976-77 Fortune Hunter and I just recently purchased the Ace350 and this thing is amazing for the price. I'm detecting small dime size items well over 8" in the hard ground through rocks and such. Garrett's customer service is second to none. They sent me parts not just last week for my 38 year old detector even though I am the 3rd owner. How much does your detector cost two? three? four times as much as my 350? Oh and who worked for NASA that designed and built your detector dusty. And how long do your batteries last in your detector? My Ace350 gets 20-40 hours off 4 AA batteries. Oh and total it only weighs 2.8Lbs. GL everyone and HH :occasion14:
....... Now you have to remember that there are some out there that do not like a good Garrett detector that is priced right.............And does a good job for the ones that use it.........
 
Mine costs the same as your since i hunt with the ace 350 atm...if you think your batteries last try the lithium...i hunted for 4 weeks on a set i was very happy with them they preformed very well....as for the ace 350 i have learned to hate it in the past few hunts not only does it love bottle caps but it seems to ping and ding on everything ...
 
Sounds like you hate the detector because it does its job too well:icon_scratch: The reason you hate Garrett is exactly the reason it has its cult following.
 
dustytrails123 said:
... seems to ping and ding on everything ...

Well that does it. Toss it out. Get a quiet detector that only bothers you when you walk over a buried Army tank. <lol>

M
 
The reason i hate it would be because it cant tell iron from quarters it rings up all trash like quarter/dimes....the other reason i dislike the ace is because of the nickel reads...ive dug something like 20 nickels and not 1 told me it was a nickel they would jump from foil to nickel to can tabs and even up to the notch under penny...nothing solid a dif read every time i would check it...you might as well have a pulse detector since it has 0 discrimination just like my ace
 
Moonrover said:
Well that does it. Toss it out. Get a quiet detector that only bothers you when you walk over a buried Army tank. <lol>

M

LMAO
 
Ah, yes! The "mine is bigger/better than yours" theme. Always a good party-starter! TTC
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom