What's new

Fun day today.

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
1,704
Reaction score
55
Golden Thread
0
Went into the city for lunch and decided to hit some of the banks I hadn't been to in weeks. Aside from getting $120 of someones "dumped" halves, I managed to score 5 very nice 1968's and a
1982-D 90% George Washington commemorative half from a teller's tray. That too, was in excellent shape. Then got 61 Ikes from another bank of which many were uncirculated. The teller told me someone had just brought them in yesterday. Then stopped at a MacDonalds for my usual "senior citizen" coffee and headed home. When I got home and emptied the change out of my pocket, I noticed that I got a 2010-P dime, "TWO" wheat cents (1944 and 1950-D) and a 1995 South African coin (20c...looks like a lincoln cent...same size etc.) all from the change for my coffee at MacDonalds. I'd love to know the chances of that happening....."TWO" wheat cents in a row from change. Maybe the whole roll in their change machine was wheats. Who knows! Just thought I'd share this with you
all. It was a fun day.
rileyboy
 
Upvote 0
Sounds like you had a great day and sone nice finds . happy hunting RON
 
Rileyboy,
I think that your positive attitude always affords you silver! It's in your numbers! lol.

apush :read2:
 
Nice score on that Washington. Nice looking coin. I got one last year in a box but it was all beat up.
McDonalds and Coffee & Donut shops can be better on road trips than banks.
HH
Rich
 
Thanks Ron, Apush and Rich, for your responses. I don't usually post too much unless it's exceptional.
I just couldn't get over receiving two wheat cents and a 2010-P dime from change at MacDonalds. BTW, I gave the 61 Ikes to my car mechanic at face value. He collects coins and always takes car of me when I bring my car in for service. He loved them.
Happy hunting,
rileyboy
 
Nice finds. And being able to dump on your machanic and him enjoying it is even better!
 
Now..Now Agcoinhunter, Most of them were really nice uncirculated with almost all dates. Must have been saved by someone from the time they got them new.
 
agreed
a very nice day
must've been fun to carry the ikes
nothing like having good-sized coinage
hh
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom