What's new

Fun with lead test

cajundetector

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2023
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
2,053
Golden Thread
0
Posted this piece a while back. Still no idea of what it is, but swabbed it today with a lead test. Definite presence of lead. Wondering if it could be pewter? Let me know your thoughts. Have a great weekend! IMG_0437.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0438.webp
    IMG_0438.webp
    3 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0437.webp
    IMG_0437.webp
    3.1 MB · Views: 64
I’m still guessing the head of Lafayette or Napoleon from a toy soldier set OR a chess set. Lead soldiers were very common as were pewter chessmen. Best wishes with the search!
 
I’m still guessing the head of Lafayette or Napoleon from a toy soldier set OR a chess set. Lead soldiers were very common as were pewter chessmen. Best wishes with the search!
As always thanks BF! I’m gonna do some searches on lead soldiers, never pursued that. Oh btw, I used the same swabs in the spoon I found this morning and it indicated lead presence. Thanks again!
 
Think about having a lead spoon..:
People had no idea for ages.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom