OP
OP
C

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree Sag. I haven't checked all the coins out, but mainly my bags of Canadian and Euro currency just got a little bigger. Total haul from this bank visit was as follows (all coins were fairly modern except for the steel cent):

US '43s steel cent
Canadian quarter x9
Canadian dime x4
Canadian one cent
UK 5 pence
UK 1 penny
Euro 2 cents x8
Euro 5 cents x7
Euro 1 cent x5
Mexican 5 pesos
Mexican 1 peso x4
5 "Kuna"
Namibia 5c
Czech 2Kc
El Salvador 25 cent. x2
Brazil 10 centavos
[A few other foreign coins I haven't identified yet]
One US clad state quarter - not sure why it stuck to the magnet

This was good for entertainment in the absence of silver (in the reject tray or in the box of halves I just searched)

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree Sag. I haven't checked all the coins out, but mainly my bags of Canadian and Euro currency just got a little bigger. Total haul from this bank visit was as follows (all coins were fairly modern except for the steel cent):

US '43s steel cent
Canadian quarter x9
Canadian dime x4
Canadian one cent
UK 5 pence
UK 1 penny
Euro 2 cents x8
Euro 5 cents x7
Euro 1 cent x5
Mexican 5 pesos
Mexican 1 peso x4
5 "Kuna"
Namibia 5c
Czech 2Kc
El Salvador 25 cent. x2
Brazil 10 centavos
[A few other foreign coins I haven't identified yet]
One US clad state quarter - not sure why it stuck to the magnet

This was good for entertainment in the absence of silver (in the reject tray or in the box of halves I just searched)

Post the ones you didn't identify yet, and I will gladly ID them for you. The lion coin is an Ethiopian coin. The 5 kuna is Croatian. Check the clad quarter at home if it sticks. It could have just lodged in the middle of two coins that were magnetic.

OP
OP
C

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sag - here you go

Attachments

• image-3744340293.jpg
    image-3744340293.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 148
  • image-4039986914.jpg
    image-4039986914.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 130

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
2005 Chinese 1 jiao
Ethiopia 50 cents
200? Ukraine 1 kopiyka
Thailand 2 baht

I can't tell the dates because the pictures are too fuzzy, but the 2 baht seems like post-2009.

Last edited:

eolson3

Apr 11, 2011
Was dumping halves on Saturday and found a few foreign coins. During the bag change, I saw a pile of coins attached to a magnet. Teller said I could have them. Scored a 1943s steel cent and a bunch of foreign. See below.
If you save up the foreign, your LCS might pay you per pound... mine pays 10$ makes for a nice silver quarter and a dime or two

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
If you save up the foreign, your LCS might pay you per pound... mine pays 10$ makes for a nice silver quarter and a dime or two

My LCS sells them for $8 a pound. I buy those occasionally, and if you buy in bulk like 8 pounds, the price drops to $6/lb. I did not get any silver this time (got a couple before). However, I found a Romanian 10 bani which is worth $80, so that covered the price (I got it as a birthday present, so I didn't pay anything).

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
sagittarius98 said:
My LCS sells them for $8 a pound. I buy those occasionally, and if you buy in bulk like 8 pounds, the price drops to $6/lb. I did not get any silver this time (got a couple before). However, I found a Romanian 10 bani which is worth $80, so that covered the price (I got it as a birthday present, so I didn't pay anything).

Interesting idea. Sounds like I need to stop in my LCS and see what they have. Thanks.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Or better yet if you have an Ebay account, weight them and sell them on Ebay. Someone will buy them as coins for their kids or grandkids. I use to do that same thing when my neice came over and she wanted to go through Auntie's coin collection. I handmade her a little plastic canvas treasure chest and put all her coins in it. Would take her with me to the LCS while I was buying silver and she would go through the rummage bins.

Hugs and Smiles, Garoulady

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Or better yet if you have an Ebay account, weight them and sell them on Ebay. Someone will buy them as coins for their kids or grandkids. I use to do that same thing when my neice came over and she wanted to go through Auntie's coin collection. I handmade her a little plastic canvas treasure chest and put all her coins in it. Would take her with me to the LCS while I was buying silver and she would go through the rummage bins.

Hugs and Smiles, Garoulady

But you have to pay eBay fees.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread