Funky permission

Phishfarmer

Feb 26, 2016
Petersburg Virginia
Detector(s) used
Deus, Others
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had a solid permission on a large, historic area but when I went there it had been posted. I was hesitant to go after the posting but I noticed a Land Disturbance Permit posted on the same lot and when I read it I realized I knew the owners. I called them but they weren't in. I was not going to hunt without a verbal but then another digger drove up and explained that some other detectorists were hunting WHILE THE DOZERS WERE RUNNING. Geeeeeesh. They were warned and kept on digging and finally the superintendent posted the site forbidding all. You can't fix stupid or hard-headed.

The super told my friend that, "you're free to detect at your own risk" when no one is working. That was good enough for me. I hunted it for a few hours and found a few fired bullets, some camp lead, modern bullets and an old key. I figure a hunt with any civil war findings is a good one.

20180325_090426[1].jpg

Upvote 10

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am always ready to jump out on a construction sight but, ALWAYS make certain it's public or I have the OK from the contractors and property owners. I have never gotten on the sight while the contractors are still working. That seems a bit inconsiderate. Glad you got some keepers and went about it the right way. :icon_thumright:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cool finds!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread