What's new

Furniture brass piece? Age/style guesses

highnam

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2012
Messages
1,624
Reaction score
1,710
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found in a early 1900’s post office site, it was bent together so I pulled it apart enough to photograph, it started to split so I stopped 6493A518-9252-4E3F-BD39-51C6FC13A5FD.webpit looks like a duck head perhaps Asian inspired? Any thought would be appreciated 2B54F154-5464-4C4C-8617-C9A3995B6878.webpthere is one hole towards the top probably for mounting.
 
Wow the things you see on Tnet! Any lettering?
 
Upvote 0
I'm trying to imagine what it looks like fully open. In the first picture, the "duck" head appears to be attached to a thin body with fins at the opposite end - kind of like a mermaid. I agree that the hole at the top was probably used to fasten this to something- not sure what.
 
Upvote 0
In the second photo I still see a slender body, but what looked like fins in the first picture looks like round feet. Could be a pair of short arms(?) attached to the body. Not sure what style this is, but someone on Tnet will know.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a coat/hat hook..dragon or serpent..definitely looks Asian..
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom