Future Equinox Accessories

toddsumm1

Feb 19, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro w/ProPointer/White's DFX 300/White's DFX/White's Eagle Spectrum/Radio Shack (Bounty Hunter)/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab has announced a 6" coil but no info on price or availability.

Minelab has also announced waterproof wired phones for the Equinox, again no pricing or availability.

There are 3rd party IPX rated APTX earbuds out there that will survive a dunking but they are not APTX LL (low latency) so you would have to verify the lag is not troublesome (APT X has about 160 ms delay/lag whereas APT X LL has about 40 ms delay).

Of course if the control box is continuously submerged say in chest deep water, bluetooth simply won't work.

Minelab has not announced pricing or availability on ANY Equinox accessories (several are listed in the manual, look for it online). In fact, the Minelab Equinox Accessories page has been down for over a week. Go figure.

OP
OP
toddsumm1

toddsumm1

Feb 19, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro w/ProPointer/White's DFX 300/White's DFX/White's Eagle Spectrum/Radio Shack (Bounty Hunter)/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I saw the website, didn't know thing were outlined a little bit in the manual, I'll check it out. Thank you!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard rumors of Spring on the 6" coil, no exact date.

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the side of the box:

Minelab-access1.jpg

Minelab-access2.jpg

Super stoked for the 15 x 12 for my fields.

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
From Kellyco today. They do have the 2 coils, but still have no pricing. Suspected of putting all there effort into getting all the backorders out.

I'll guess EQX 06 $130.00 EQX 15 $250.00

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab is running the Equinox production line at full capacity right now making the Equinoxs, I don't think we will see the accessories until they get caught up with the backlog of orders for the Equinox. Once they get caught up then we will start seeing the accessories like the 6" coil, the 15" coil, water proof headphones ect.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab is running the Equinox production line at full capacity right now making the Equinoxs, I don't think we will see the accessories until they get caught up with the backlog of orders for the Equinox. Once they get caught up then we will start seeing the accessories like the 6" coil, the 15" coil, water proof headphones ect.

How about two production lines? Seems the future accessories are still in the "future". Minelab, your killing me.

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Palm Bay, FL, and Air Force Bases in FL and OK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about two production lines? Seems the future accessories are still in the "future". Minelab, your killing me.

It would require that Minelab hire temporary workers that are high-skilled. Difficult. No way they could keep those folks after the Equinox reaches the normal order level of their other detectors. It would be a nightmare for the company. Labor, Insurance, Space, Training, Equipment, Machines, and no probable future for those hired for the short term to mitigate demand.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have no idea how many production lines ML has, I stated they are running at full production, there has never been a demand for a new detector released as high as the Equinox. I do know enough about production lines that you can't just start another line, you have to build it.

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We can't even buy replacement parts for our machines yet. It's probably going to be a while, folks.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Waterproof Headphones are coming first in the next month or so. Coils will be later.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The same machines that are making the actual Equinox's aren't the same ones that will be making the coils and headphones, are they? Seems to me that it would take separate tooling. Is it a personnel problem? Why not contract with Detector Pro and/or Coiltek to make the accessories? They're already set up to make them.

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Waterproof headphones will just be cheap koss with eq end.....you could pay inda to solder up 10 for a buck and still make a profit.....aaaa global commerce @tis best

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions