What's new

G.B. & Co. 74

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2006
Messages
1,703
Reaction score
29
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G.B. & Co. 74

I have searched many sources. Hopefully someone will be able to spot this one. The strap hole is about 20mm. Found near Buffalo Bayou near the old Camp Logan. I don't know if it is steam boat or train related.

TIA
una.....braza.......
 

Attachments

  • GBandCo 74.webp
    GBandCo 74.webp
    224.8 KB · Views: 307
Re: G.B. & Co. 74

Was there a logging camp in the Houston area?
 
Upvote 0
Re: G.B. & Co. 74

There was a WWI training camp on the site of Memorial park. There is a train line that runs through there on the east side. Boats and barges did go up the bayou. I do not kow for sure if they traveled that far up. I kow that the train line had at least a stop directly in the camp.
 
Upvote 0
Re: G.B. & Co. 74

Blind.In.Texas said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Thanks for the link. I went there first. There is a lot of great info over.
I didnt have time to search but did you look closely for a small manufacturers mark on your tag? Anything on the back?
 
Upvote 0
Re: G.B. & Co. 74

Didn't dig the big magnifyer out until you mentioned it. Just got finished looking and I don't see anything. I have it pretty well crud-free.
 
Upvote 0
Re: G.B. & Co. 74

Could be a baggage tag, a tool tag or even a personnel tag if there is a mine close by. Monty
 
Upvote 0
Re: G.B. & Co. 74

My guess would be its transportation related.
 
Upvote 0
Re: G.B. & Co. 74

Thanks, fellas. I had checked Tag Town many moons ago. The oblong hole is 3/4".
 
Upvote 0
Re: G.B. & Co. 74

Blind.In.Texas said:
Thanks, fellas. I had checked Tag Town many moons ago. The oblong hole is 3/4".
You could send Scott a pic. sczaja@hotmail.com If he doesnt know he may ask to use it on his website. It looks to me to fit the style of baggage tag.
 
Upvote 0
Re: G.B. & Co. 74

The reason I was thinking lumber camp was because it resembles some of the tags I have see, some shaped like that , some round. Here is a round one just for comparison.
 

Attachments

  • Screen shot 2011-06-03 at 9.26.13 AM.webp
    Screen shot 2011-06-03 at 9.26.13 AM.webp
    28.7 KB · Views: 162
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom