What's new

Galveston beaches

Kwillie

Jr. Member
Joined
May 28, 2016
Messages
86
Reaction score
134
Golden Thread
0
Location
Galveston Tx
Detector(s) used
Teknetics D 4000
Minelab excalibur II
Minelab go find 20
Garrett AT Pro.
Garrett ATX Deepseeker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's finds on Galveston beaches, tungsten carbide ring, earing & clad using minelab excal 2.
Note: had a problem with some falsing on waves took the coil cover off had sand trappend between coil cleaned out and it's working perfect.

20160619_124433.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 14
I went to the maritime college down there in Galveston. Knowing the history, I'm sure there must be some seriously old pirate loot on those beaches. Good luck
 
Start down that coast from there to Padre and there is no telling what you'll find...:coins:
 
Good luck with the ExCal II, it's a very good machine once you figure out the tones. :treasurechest::thumbsup:
 
Great area. I spent many a weekend on Padre Island.
 
You are probably in a very hammered area. Slow and patience will get you deeper targets that others miss and hopefully a gold ring or two. Is your earring gold? At least you are finding targets!
 
Not sure if the earing is Gold? No markings, the excal 2 runs deep some of the quaraters seem to be 2' down unless they were in the side and took time to suff off to the middle during excavation.
 
Plan on just that, next stop San Luis pass. Come down sometime we'll hit the beach.
 
I generally go to Galveston each summer for a day or two. All I've ever managed to find there were tungsten carbide wedding bands, but I did get a little silver ring there once. Gold has eluded me, but maybe this summer! Cheers,Buck
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom