Garage sale find

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
garage sales are awesome....one man's junk is yet another man's treasure and in your case, it worked out great for you. You came out 2 wheat pennies ahead :)

Heard back some years ago....a man purchased a painting (here locally) at a garage sale.....it was not a fake painting.....an original....lots of money for him.

Told my Mother In Law, who has so many wonderful antique items in her home (not items she bought, just items from her parents, grandparents, etc)....I will be coming over to take pics and catalog everything for her. I hate to see her kids throw stuff in the trash or give away, that is either a family heirloom or a collectiable.

Congrats on your find!

tabfinder

Jul 9, 2006
Midwest
Detector(s) used
Nocta Simplex
Garage sales are great! Bought a calculator last year for 2 dollars.....sold it for 140. Just sold a copy of "Our War Songs" a civil war era song book.....25 cents garage sale....25 dollars ebay! WOOT!!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Ya never know, I acquired a 14k chain and an 18k pendant with a pearl setting for a $1 and a 14k gold ladies watch for $5. The markings were almost invisible. HH and keep lookin'.

T

TreasureTales

Found a 14k man's wedding band in the DIME box at a yard sale. Thought when I went to buy it the lady would say something like, "Oh, sorry that's a mistake." But she didn't say a thing when I handed her a clad dime for the gold ring!!! I sold it to a jeweler for $20.00 when gold was over $800/ounce.

Used to make a little extra income buying at yard sales and selling to antique dealers. Didn't know anything about ebay at the time. Could have made a bundle if I had. :( Nowadays it seems too many people are watching "Antiques Roadshow" and jacking up their prices. But it sure is a fun way to hunt for treasure when you can't think of a new MD site.

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
;D Had a friend in Florida who said he made out like a bandit @ Garage Sales. He said that a lot of Senior's eyes weren't that good & they couldn't see the 14k & 18k on Jewelry. Picked up a lot of Good Stuff for .25 or .50. in Boxes mixed w/ Costume Jewelry.

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread