What's new

Garage sale score = 2 detectors

up north

Full Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2009
Messages
127
Reaction score
28
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Frozen Tundra
Detector(s) used
Whites's PRIZM V
Heathkit GP-45 Metal Locator
Garrett Ace 150
Pacific Northwest Insturments BH2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They wanted $5.00 each, but I got both for $8.00. Both had batteries and both work. We played with them in the back yard and were surprised by the depth. I think the Heathkit is from about 1960, and the previous owner had kept a track of finds by writing with a grease pencil on the coil. The total for this machine was $311.68.
 

Attachments

  • detectors 004.webp
    detectors 004.webp
    10.2 KB · Views: 171
  • detectors 005.webp
    detectors 005.webp
    16.5 KB · Views: 154
  • detectors 007.webp
    detectors 007.webp
    13.2 KB · Views: 176
Upvote 0
These should fetch a few beans. There are some serious vintage md collectors out there. I dont know if these are rare but maybe someone will make an offer that will seem very good.
 
Very cool..makes my 6000 di look new..lol
 
When I was 15 I built a metal detector from plans in an electronics book with my dad. I always hope some day to see it here on TN with someone talking about it.
 
Metal locator ..love it. I might go "locating" tonight!
 
That's awesome..I would pay 8 bucks any day. :)
 
Wow, sheet-metal screws in the coil. Different times!

Cool old detectors though, congrats!
 
outdated but cool :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom