Heres a few Gardners I found near Sharpsburg, Maryland. Top row, .69cal, .58cal. .54cal., .577cal. one ring. Bottom row. Blown thru Gardner and a .58cal pulled Gardner. Blow thru is caused by weak casting.
Heres a few Gardners I found near Sharpsburg, Maryland. Top row, .69cal, .58cal. .54cal., .577cal. one ring. Bottom row. Blown thru Gardner and a .58cal pulled Gardner. Blow thru is caused by weak casting.
Wow!
What an assortment , even a 'blow thru'.
As you likely know we don't get as many Gardner Types here in 'The Sherman Campaign area' .
They pop out every now & again , I only got a Handful of Fired ones & about 3 weeks ago I dug a Dropped but slightly flattened one near "The Battle of Peachtree Creek" . Thought it was a Sharpe's at first ; then sew that distinctive Cavity.
BTW.
Looking again at your picture ; the one I recently got looks similar to the one on the 'top row far right'.
I dug all but the blo thru on right of Lee's line off Harpers Ferry road and the pulled one from Confederate picket post off of Hagerstown road, I have a few more fired, dropped
Joe G, very nice find of the Gardner bullets. Like Davers stated, we don't find too many of these in Georgia, but when we do it is a cool find. I have dug 1 blown through next to a creek and have found a few others. I have found a few on this hill, but it is covered in brush and pretty thick trying to hunt. I believe there are a few more on this hill if I could get this hill cleaned off. Lol Love finding those.