garrett 250 jewelry setting

Okie115

Apr 15, 2012
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is there something I'm missing here? I set it to the jewelry setting and it still pings on coins and pull tabs, if I ues the discrim to block out pull tabe it removes one of the bars under the gold/bronze section. How do you set your machine to go for gold....silver is the same but it's usually non silver coins I find.

Upvote 0

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunatly Gold is sometimes the same as Pulltabs & nickels ect. sorry to say but if yah want to find gold you will be digging a bunch of pulltabs. I guess to put it this way is if you run in coin mode you most likely will never find jewelery/gold. Keep using jewelery mode & you will find coins/gold as I use this mode 99% of the time......Hope this helps!

Last edited:

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Up here in wisconsin you woul drive yourself mad digging pull tabs as we have many beer drinkers the base ball fields are littered with a blanket of pull tabs.....it comes down to the area your hunting i can see digging them at a nice swim hole or sandy beach but as for ball parks and the local park .... good luck

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to dig all the pulltabs to find the gold.....

OP
OP
O

Okie115

Apr 15, 2012
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wouldn't mind pulling those pull tabs if they were attached to can filled with gold.... Since it's not I guess I'll just keep diggin those tabs. Thanks for the info folks.

sandtrout

Jan 27, 2010
pulltabs are part of the cost of doing business. however, if there are pulltabs, there were people there...people with jewelry. for me out here in So Cal...it seems that it takes between 400 - 600 pulltabs for a ring. pull tabs suck...but with each ring, i forget all the pulltabs i dug! i use the "jewelry mode" 90% of the time. when i get worn out i use the custom mode for cherry picking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread