Garrett Ace 150 just purched

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best advice anyone can give you is to check out places where people have gathered. Garrett has out a good book for "Newbies" called SUCCESTFUL COIN HUNTING. The book list places to search that many don't even think about. The ground was here before we were and things have been lost or buried in it. Good luck, but don't expect to get to quit your day job. It's a fun hobby and could pay off your detector with one find.

OP
OP
F

fresnomom

Thanks for you info. I don't want to get rich... just like to find a little history. Can't wait to get out if it ever stops raining. Will my detector work at the beach? I have heard some aren't good there because of different minerals. Any advise?

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
the dry sand wont be a problem for your new ace, but the wet salty sand will. thats ok....you can still find great stuff in the dry sand. good luck with your new machine!

N

NLINE SIXX

My understanding is Padre Island (Texas Coast) is off limits to metal detectors if this is the same Padre Island your thinking of. You might double check that though, but I have been told by others no metal detecting is allowed there. Good luck and HH. :)

NL6

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread