What's new

Garrett Ace 250 question.

Reddishflint

Tenderfoot
Joined
Dec 31, 2013
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone, first post so here goes. I'm about to purchase the Garrett Ace 250 off E-Bay for £184.50. I also notice there's a Deluxe Sports version of this costing £256.49. Considering I've never even picked up a metal detector before will the £184.50 version be sufficient for a complete novice? Would the Deluxe Sports version enhance my new to be hobby much? I know these are basic questions but I got to start somewhere. Thanks in advance.
 
Welcome aboard Reddishflint. Not sure what part if the world you're in but from the £ currency in your post, I'm pretty sure not in the US. What does the deluxe sport version consist of, a different coil size, pinpointer or what? A lot of people bash the Ace series, but take a gander at some of the finds in this video from Europe. The only thing I didn't care for was the color and bell tones of the ace 350 I owned, but I will say it had pretty good depth with stock 8 1/2 x 11 coil. The video shows the detector/ coils used. Good luck mate! PS: show us some 2000 year old finds!
 
Last edited:
Hi Fletch88. My location is Wales in Britain. I live up in the heads of the valleys in South Wales with a Roman road passing along my village on the mountain tops. This road linked up the fort at Gelligaer with the fort at Brecon. Obviously this road is long ago buried but it is definitely there so could be some interesting hunting. I just checked out the Garret Ace 250 Deluxe version and these were the extras with it..... GARRETT ACE 250 METAL DETECTOR WITH DELUXE SPORTS PACK

With the sports pack you also get the following items FREE:

9"x12" PROformance coil, Garrett Treasure Sound Headphones, Garrett Backpack (Black), Ace Control Box Cover, How to Find Lost Treasure Field Guide, Alkaline Batteries, Instruction Manual & Garrett DVD.
 
Awesome, I would love to hunt anywhere with that kind of history! I think I would buy the stock 250 and look for a 13" Ultimate coil or 12 x 10 SEF coil possibly a used one for way less money. The Ultimate coil is the lightest of the 2. As far as the other accessories, I don't think better headphones will matter with an Ace since it's a non-threshold machine.
 
So what you're saying is go ahead and get the Garrett Ace 250 (forget about the Deluxe version) and perhaps get a bigger coil in the future? If so, I'll click away on E-Bay right away.
 
Your best bet would be to get the ACE without the extras, then get a pinpointer with the savings.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom