Garrett Ace 350 or Minelab X-Terra 305

twbeechem

Mar 11, 2013
Charleston, SC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum so I'd like to start off by saying hello and thanks in advance for all the info. I look forward to using everyone's knowledge and experience to gain some of my own.

I've been consulting with a seasoned hunter as to a good detector to get started with, that will also produce some solid results. After discussing, we've narrowed it down to the Garrett Ace 350 or the Minelab X-Terra 305.

Has anyone used either of these detectors (or both!) that could give some insight on the direction I should go? I'm in Charleston SC and anticipate 50% usage at the beach for coins/jewelry, and 50% land looking for old coins and relics. Money is an issue so I was leaning toward the Ace 350, but if the extra $100 i'd spend on the Minelab is well worth the money from a performance stand point, I'd be more inclined.

Any information is greatly appreciate!

Thanks again, happy hunting.

Check out this comparison between them and you will see that the Minelab 305 is worth the extra $$.Kellyco Metal Detector Comparison

The x-terra does seem to be the better MD. My inexperience doesn't allow me to know the subtle difference between the two. Wasn't sure if anyone could speak from experience, or had any negatives about either of the detectors.

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum so I'd like to start off by saying hello and thanks in advance for all the info. I look forward to using everyone's knowledge and experience to gain some of my own.

I've been consulting with a seasoned hunter as to a good detector to get started with, that will also produce some solid results. After discussing, we've narrowed it down to the Garrett Ace 350 or the Minelab X-Terra 305.

Has anyone used either of these detectors (or both!) that could give some insight on the direction I should go? I'm in Charleston SC and anticipate 50% usage at the beach for coins/jewelry, and 50% land looking for old coins and relics. Money is an issue so I was leaning toward the Ace 350, but if the extra $100 i'd spend on the Minelab is well worth the money from a performance stand point, I'd be more inclined.

Any information is greatly appreciate!

Thanks again, happy hunting.

One of the main advantages to choosing the Xterra is the ability to change coils and by that change frequencies ,, got to be a consideration !!!

I was in the same situation when I bought my Ace 350 two weeks ago. It's a hard decision, that extra $100 or so dollars could go towards a quality pointer also, which despite what some may tell you, makes finding targets quicker in my opinion after using a friends Minelab yesterday. I had a $300 budget and have been very happy with my decision so far. Also, the vendors on this site offer some really great packages too, so make sure to read through the Supporting Vendor thread! HH!! :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:
I would not even consider any detector from the Ace line, period. Notice I bought my son a Fisher F2!! Do not buy the 350 and get the Minelab!!! 50 times the detector!

Dnt have experience with either but own a ace250 and a minelab safari. I wouldn't recommend an ace its so annoyin, bell tones drove me nuts. I can't say enough good things about minelab products. Get the minelab u wont regret it.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I did go with the Minelab and have loved it. Did have some coil issues with the first coil and had to get it replaced. Been great sense then. Thanks!

way to go let us know what you find
enjoy.....

liftloop

Thanks for all the suggestions. I did go with the Minelab and have loved it. Did have some coil issues with the first coil and had to get it replaced. Been great sense then. Thanks!

Havin coil issues with my minelab 305, bought in January. It gives a low tone when you touch or bump the coil, only in all metal thou ...???similiar ??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back