Garrett Ace 400i UPGRADE

googol

Aug 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone, I am new member here, so this will also be my introduction thread. My name is Jan and I am coming from Slovenia. I started metal detecting last year when I bought Garrett Ace 400i. When I bought him, I didnt know much about Ace 400i and how will he behave on the field. But now, after one year of detecting and considering all the finds (which have been great), he convinced me that it it a great machine and also, a great purchase. Now I want to upgrade him. First, I've been thinking about buying a new machine (maybe Garret AT PRO or GOLD), but they are too expensive for my budget. So I decided to upgrade him with a better coil. I've already seen that Garrett ACE 250 is compatible with Nel Tornado coil and the results are amazing. I my case, I am willing to pay to 200 $ for coil that will increase depht of detecting, but I cannot decide which one will be the best buy. So I want to consult with you before buying. My question is: Which is the deepest possible coil (under 200$) for my Garret Ace 400i? Thanks in advanse for your response :thumbsup:

mlutz

Dec 20, 2016
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have no help for you on the ACE 400 coil, but welcome to TNET. I was in Slovenia years ago. It was a beautiful country.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wish I knew more to help you out. did just find out my family is from Slovenia, but that doesn't help haha.

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another thing you might want to consider is instead of spending $200 on another coil, see how much you can sell you Ace 400 for. Since you want to upgrade to an AT Pro/Gold, saving your money from buying a new coil and whatever you sell your Ace 400 for might just get you close in buying that AT Pro/Gold. Obviously you'll need to save up a little bit more but then again you could find a used one on EBay which might just be within your price range.

Just a thought. :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread