What's new

Garrett CSI 250 CRIME SCENE DETECTOR

Papalittle

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2013
Messages
402
Reaction score
264
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Saw this ad for a Garrett CSI 250 crime scene detector and thought to myself "a Chinese knock off" but it is a real Garrett as far as I can tell. It appears to be a ACE 250 with a modified screen. The ad states that it can even tell you the caliber of the shell casing in the ground !!

Garrett CSI 250 Crime Scene Investigation Metal Detector | Shop | Features | Reviews | MetalDetector.com

Cost is higher than the Ace 250...might buy one to hang on the wall and advertise my assistance to law enforcement in the state. LOL
 
Saw this ad for a Garrett CSI 250 crime scene detector and thought to myself "a Chinese knock off" but it is a real Garrett as far as I can tell. It appears to be a ACE 250 with a modified screen. The ad states that it can even tell you the caliber of the shell casing in the ground !!

Garrett CSI 250 Crime Scene Investigation Metal Detector | Shop | Features | Reviews | MetalDetector.com

Cost is higher than the Ace 250...might buy one to hang on the wall and advertise my assistance to law enforcement in the state. LOL
…You are in the dark or really new to detecting… Garretts web site has all those listed ..he has the …HOBBY DIVISION…SECURITY DIVISION THAT is were you will find the detector you are talking about ..and the ..COUNTERMINE/ERW DIVISION…www.garrettmetaldetectors.com
 
Whats crazy, is Ive actually seen them being used on the News when they were looking for bullet shells. Im sure they are donated around the different DFW Police Dept's, since Garrett is located here

And the price isnt that far off, My ACE was 212, but didnt come with a fancy carrying case
 
Whats crazy, is Ive actually seen them being used on the News when they were looking for bullet shells. Im sure they are donated around the different DFW Police Dept's, since Garrett is located here

And the price isnt that far off, My ACE was 212, but didnt come with a fancy carrying case
Yes i see them on the news up here in Ohio when they show the police using the security 250 looking for what ever they look for..
 
It has an additional "doughnut shop nearby" icon that the standard 250 lacks.
 
The ATPro has this version as well. The AT model not only shows what type of shell casing, but with a slight upgrade, will actually show "perps" address. ;)
Peace
 
we still have keystone cops in our area, so that technology isnt avail to them, lol
 
…You are in the dark or really new to detecting… Garretts web site has all those listed ..he has the …HOBBY DIVISION…SECURITY DIVISION THAT is were you will find the detector you are talking about ..and the ..COUNTERMINE/ERW DIVISION…www.garrettmetaldetectors.com

#1. I do not visit garrett's site.
#2. if I did why would I look in security section since I have nothing to do with security fields.
 
#1. I do not visit garrett's site.
#2. if I did why would I look in security section since I have nothing to do with security fields.
You never look at anything outside your "field"?
 
#1. I do not visit garrett's site.
#2. if I did why would I look in security section since I have nothing to do with security fields.
Then that is why you thought that the Garrett security 250 was a knock off… You do not keep your self informed on what is going on in the detecting field..
 
Then that is why you thought that the Garrett security 250 was a knock off… You do not keep your self informed on what is going on in the detecting field..

Sorry I have a life outside of detecting and do not have the time to check out 100+ detecting sites. I also have several other hobbies that take a lot of my free time.
 
Some people on here sure are rude..makes you wonder why bother posting on here..Probably scare newbies from posing. Thinking of leaving this site due to rude people,
 
Some people on here sure are rude..makes you wonder why bother posting on here..Probably scare newbies from posing. Thinking of leaving this site due to rude people,
Don't be so thin skinned we all take hits here now and then.. It keep's the blood flowing..
 
Don't be so thin skinned we all take hits here now and then.. It keep's the blood flowing..

And we keep coming back for more lol
 
What is amazing to me is how in the last two years the Archeology community has embraced the use of metal detectors. It makes sense that law enforcement would use them on crime scenes. Garrett is smart to cater their products. I think my mentors started with the old mine sweeper metal detectors.
 
Some people on here sure are rude..makes you wonder why bother posting on here..Probably scare newbies from posing. Thinking of leaving this site due to rude people,
No one is trying to scare "newbies", I don't think keppy was trying to be rude, just saying that it is found on Garrett's website and you must be new to detecting ....

No one needs to take any "hits".....
 
Some people on here sure are rude..makes you wonder why bother posting on here..Probably scare newbies from posing. Thinking of leaving this site due to rude people,

You just have to roll with the punches here. Frank five star.webp
111-2 700.webp
 
Some people on here sure are rude..makes you wonder why bother posting on here..Probably scare newbies from posing. Thinking of leaving this site due to rude people,
Well i see that you are still here posting i did not want to chase any one away …. So hang around like the rest of us and every now and then we all here learn some thing new …. HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom