Garrett Freedom Ace Plus - New to detecting- long time fan of the hobby

L

lotta102

Hi,

I have recently purchased a used Garrett Freedom Ace Plus.

I did some research before this purchase and narrowed down the selection to possibly an older White model, Tesoro Compadre or a used Garrett. Timing matched with budget made this the one. I am sure it will be a fine starting model with some good and bad as with all of them but I would welcome any comments on this particular model - advice - tips or concerns from anyone that used the Freedom series or this particular model from Garrett.

I found more on Garrett as a solid brand and the Freedom 2 Plus and less on this particular model. From what I understand of the older models I think I actually prefer a used good brand for a starter than a new cheaper model I can afford. I am not certain what year this is from yet.

The initial adventures will most likely be in my hometown - old parks yards, farms, and similar in the Philly area, PA. Perhaps beaches in the summer.

Thanks before hand. I have enjoyed looking in on this forum even in the past.

Upvote 0
lotta102 - i purchased a garrett ace for my son inlaw last christmas. i was going to show him how it worked after the snow got off the ground. i didn't get to show him anything. while the ground was still so wet that water was squeezing half way up the side of your shoes he started finding stuff - mostly coins. he did quite well. in fact i could show him only one thing - that his detector wouldn't detect rice sized gold or gold in a vial. ( my 5900 whites wouldn't either but my goldmaster v/sat does it easily) in other words i compared apples with oranges to impress him. i think that you made a good choice. wayne

Thanks Wayne, appreciate it. These forums are wonderful. I am learning a ton just reading posts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back