Garrett GTA 1000

Just noticed your post. I've had one for about a year. Really enjoy it. Keep a 4.5 inch Sniper coil on it (use larger coils on my other detectors.) I use it mainly in trashy areas. The small coil makes pinpointing real easy and I seem to find more coins than I used to in trashy areas.

SO - how do you like the machine? You got it at a great price. If you don't like it, you can make a couple of hundred selling it on ebay.

HH

Rich

I have one and it works great.It has good dept and its great for coinshooting.It uses regular alkaline AA batteries you don't have to worry about if the batteries a charged.I like the belltone feature.The surface eliminator is a good feature.if you are searching an area that has an aluminum can that has been shredded by a lawnmower,you can eliminate the first 1 to 4 inches.Plenty of features you got it for a great price.

Yeah, thats a good deal.

The GTA 1000 is one of the top coin machines out there and reinforced much of the drive to the graphics we now take for granted. I had one for a long time and liked the

Moderate weight
Good Balance
Low Power Usage
The Adjustability
Target Separation
Tri-Tone ID

I agree with the sniper coil as your best bet and then turn up the SENS.
Good buy, man.

I have one that I use at the beach in sand, and it works great. It seems a bit on the heavy side, but other than that I love it.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back