Garrett pro pointer

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really don't know how I got along without one. The detector I have is very sensitive to small nails, but it also will find deep coins. Most of the nails that I find are usually in the side of the plug.
The Garrett probe will locate these small targets when they are in the side of the plug saving a lot of time, unnecessary digging, and aggravation. I would rather give up my detector than my Garrett probe.
By the way, I ran into an area where there must have been an old sawdust pile where coins were tossed out for kids to find. Most of the sawdust was no longer visible, just grass. I put the detector down, sat down, and let the probe find the rest of the coins.

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can we get a picture of this setup?

Thanks, Mark :icon_pirat:

ron_c said:
You can also increase the depth by about 3/4" and even more. I'm getting 1 1/4" on a dime with mine and by using some sort of metal object, I used a thin piece of brass that came off a school ruler, and by using a rubber band around the back of the unit and slip the metal piece under the rubber band. Pull the metal piece towards the rear, turn on pin pointer, slide metal piece forward until it starts to chirp, slowly slide the metal piece to the rear until it stop chirping. I can usually get 2 to 2 1/4" or more by using this crude adjustment but it works for the times you might want or need a little extra depth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions