Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am all for the ban on detecting in any of our National Parks or National Monuments....National forests, National rec areas is another story though.........

OP
OP
dimedigger

dimedigger

Jan 25, 2013
waccamaw
Detector(s) used
BH pioneer ex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
my point is "you are the government" not the people in washington deciding for you. did they ask me what i thought or just go making laws without my "governmental consent"?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

dimedigger, were you just talking about your particular state's state parks? There's lots of government land you can hunt, at a variety of levels. Because don't think all state land is state PARK land. So if you saw something dire about your particular state parks in your state, that doesn't mean all state land therefore. Since not all land is "park" land. Same for fed. land: not all fed. land is off-limits. And certainly at the county and city level there's rarely ever mention of metal detectors in muni and local codes.

Also, if you're talking about state parks, be aware that they (in actual practice) sometimes don't refer to beaches. Like in CA, for instance, if someone took a literal reading of the verbage on the FMDAC state-by-state list, they might think you can't hunt state parks here. Yet the state beaches (administered by the very same parks dept), are routinely detected, and it's never an issue.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dimedigger

dimedigger

Jan 25, 2013
waccamaw
Detector(s) used
BH pioneer ex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks for a the positive answer but i'm just glad i have an on/off road motorcycle, next i'm gonna get a camoflouge net to cover it and go on "my" land as i please until the revolution

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions