Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even though I have never used the Gator, I'd be inclined to go for the Lesche
(I'm VERY happy with mine). . . I'm sure others will follow with comments :)

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my gator digger, used a leach for a couple of months and it just did not feel right in my hand as a digger.

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going American made from now on. http://www.predatortools.com/ The guy who used to own Lesche no longer does (George) but he started a new tool company and is once again in control of his own destiny. I would urge you to check his stuff out, I will be buying it from now on. :headbang: Randy

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Two main digging tools, the Lesche (Thanks and GREAT LOVE to Mark!)
and a small handle shovel. Youv'e I carry one like yours, but with a real handle on it.

I'll only carry my Predator Mauler on the frozen tundra hunts, it's got the long handle and it's too much to haul the mauler around casually.

Go with TheRandyMan on this one, hit that homepage link he posted and pick up one of the Crusaders or the 85E and one of the short handle solid shovels. I like the Little Eagle shovel and would get that if I didn't have enough tools already.

Get a good lock blade or straight knife for small work. Nothing like watching someone cut a big old plug for a two inch deep mem cent.

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
I had a gator digger, still do, but within the first couple months of having it, it really bent bad and too easily. As a result, it is pretty week now. I have an imitation lesche stamped by minelab, I don't know who made it, but at least it has not bent. Another thing is I had to glue the gator handle back on, because it pulled off leaving a metal shaft, which may have been good for mushroom hunting, but not for metal detecting-it was very hard to get back out of the ground after that happened. Those Gator things in my opinion are cheap, and only good if you don't do hard work. I need something that does hard work and is more than just a cheap toy - my opinion. In the pantheon of cheap kellyco stuff it ranks above the automax V4 because my automax completely broke after 5 months and never got more than an 1/3 inch on any size coin (unlike the 3 inches claimed), at least the gator digs as claimed and it isn't in the garbage yet after 21 months (but I haven't used it for 12 months), it just does not last well.

OP
OP
Gimmie The Loot

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheRandyMan said:
I am going American made from now on. http://www.predatortools.com/ The guy who used to own Lesche no longer does (George) but he started a new tool company and is once again in control of his own destiny. I would urge you to check his stuff out, I will be buying it from now on. :headbang: Randy

Ohh yeah - those Predators look nice! I like the Hercules!

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're looking for a small digger the lesche is good but the Raptor digger on the Pretor tools website is better. It's bigger, removes alot more dirt and is as strong as they come. I have both and there's a place for both.
HH
John

M

MR Senior L4S

Gimmie The Loot said:
I think I should get a smaller digger so that I don't have to haul my little shovel around everywhere... I liked the Lesche when I got to try it out with Marine Dad but I see the Gator is on sale at kellyco and has a lifetime warranty.

What do you guys think? Is the Razor Gator digger any good? /////////////////////////// Dont need any tools just say--------- POLICE COME OUT !!!-------- YO surrended !!!----------

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread