General Questions about Dowsing

amanapro

May 22, 2006
I have a few mythical questions about dowsing that I would like your ideas about them please:

1. Is it true that dowsing should not be done at night or in other words is sun light essential for dowsing?
2. For rod dowsing is one rod dowsing more accurate than two rods?
3. When ground is wet (after rain), are dowsing abilities stronger?
4. Dowsing inside homes, where electromagnetic fields are strong, is not accurate or weak?

Thanks,

Al

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
~Al~
  1. General Questions about Dowsing

I have a few mythical questions about dowsing that I would like your ideas about them please:
I can not speak for any one but myself

. Is it true that dowsing should not be done at night or in other words is sun light essential for dowsing?
Night or day makes no different for me

. For rod dowsing is one rod dowsing more accurate than two rods?

[h=2]I prefer to use two rods but know a lot of people who prefer one rod[/h]
[h=2]3. When ground is wet (after rain), are dowsing abilities stronger?[/h]
[h=2]Not for me[/h]
[h=2]4. Dowsing inside homes, where electromagnetic fields are strong, is not accurate or weak?[/h]
[h=2]I see nothing wrong with Dowsing indoors….I have been in homes where there are some stray signal….When you know how the electrify signal is different from the real signals it is a piece of cake…..Art [/h][h=2][/h]

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think aRT is carrying on a conversation with himself, just like sam used to do.

OP
OP
A

amanapro

May 22, 2006
Art

I thank you for your input. I would to hear if someone else has another opinion please

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello amanpro,1) a person can dowse any time they feel the need/desire to.I don't dowse during lightning storms.2)One or 2 rods are ok to use. I use one but can use 2.Whatever feels right to you that's what you should go with.The accuracy is a function of the dowser...meaning that the more you concentrate on what you are looking for the more accurate you will be.3) see answer to #2...however, I have noticed the attractions are stronger to underground objects after a good rainstorm.. I think moisture in the ground surrounding an object helps the attraction with similar likeness to how a metal detector responds to a coin surrounded by moist soil.4)See answer to #2...Since there are so many more signals being trasmitted from cell phones, radio, ect than there used to be, dowsing has to compete even more than ever before with these signals. This is one reason why I bait my dowsing rods with the material i'm looking for. This ensures that the rod is "tuned" to that material should I become distracted and/or find myself in an area of strong signals from other sources.Hope this helps,Jon

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

amanapro

May 22, 2006
Jon

Thanks a lot. That was helpful.
I am a dowsing user for a at least 8 years. However, I am more of a researcher and would like to collect more responses to state why I am asking those questions.

Al

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
The difference between Jon and myself is that he is a mental Dowser and I am a Physical dowser...there is no difference in the out come...I have just trained my mind to react different with many hours of practice....Art

OP
OP
A

amanapro

May 22, 2006
very good mentioning that Art cause I would like to ask you specific questions regarding your answers later on please if you don't mind.
So I shall assume that a mental dowser does his dowsing from a distance versus physical dowsing is done on locations

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
The way I see it is the mental dowser connects with the object with his mind....I connect with the signals that come from the objects....It is hard to explain....Before I learned to dowse I had used a LRL for years and knew how to use the rods...My main objective was to learn to dowse without screwing up that part of my treasure hunting..so all my methods were developed with that agenda...With that said I do use mental dowsing to map dowse. My methods are explained here http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/dowsing/10838-want-try-dowsing.html...Art

Last edited:

Kampnhuntr

Oct 11, 2012
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Amigo II , White's XLT, Fisher Gold Strike, Minelab Pro-Find Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello amanpro,1) a person can dowse any time they feel the need/desire to.I don't dowse during lightning storms.2)One or 2 rods are ok to use. I use one but can use 2.Whatever feels right to you that's what you should go with.The accuracy is a function of the dowser...meaning that the more you concentrate on what you are looking for the more accurate you will be.3) see answer to #2...however, I have noticed the attractions are stronger to underground objects after a good rainstorm.. I think moisture in the ground surrounding an object helps the attraction with similar likeness to how a metal detector responds to a coin surrounded by moist soil.4)See answer to #2...Since there are so many more signals being trasmitted from cell phones, radio, ect than there used to be, dowsing has to compete even more than ever before with these signals. This is one reason why I bait my dowsing rods with the material i'm looking for. This ensures that the rod is "tuned" to that material should I become distracted and/or find myself in an area of strong signals from other sources.Hope this helps,Jon

Can you explain how you bait the dowsing rods with the material your looking for. Thanks

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your L-rod has a bait chamber simply put the material into it. If you are using 2 L-rods you only need to bait the rod in your dominant hand by taping the material to the rod with black electrical tape. I tape the bait about halfway the length of the "antenna" part of the rod and that works for me. I have come across people who tape the bait at the tip of the rod or close to that point but I have not tried that. If using one rod you may also hold the material in your non dowsing hand. Some people use the plastic 35mm film containers to create a bait chamber and that works as well. If you use a film container I have found that the rod's reaction is better if the material is touching the rod. Art has a picture of some rods with the film canisters on them in the dowsing forum somewhere.Hope this helps,Jon

Last edited:

widomanmx

Banned
Dec 6, 2013
Chihuahua (mx)
Detector(s) used
Gemini 3
Deepers
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
1. Is it true that dowsing should not be done at night or in other words is sun light essential for dowsing?
The sun light its not essential but you can use certain method ("sun rays")
At night come out other things, better dont dowsing

2. For rod dowsing is one rod dowsing more accurate than two rods?
No

3. When ground is wet (after rain), are dowsing abilities stronger?
I dont know

4. Dowsing inside homes, where electromagnetic fields are strong, is not accurate or weak?
Not accurate

Remember concentrate in what you search, if dont, easy will get "interference" or "bad marks"

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Film Canister.GIF Job 002.jpg

73dguard

Mar 2, 2013
South Paris, ME
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD
Nokta Gold King
Teknetics AlphA 2000
Garrett Pointer Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
My sons and I laid A-5 playing cards (five cards) on the table face down. We took 5 turns between the three of us. One person placed the cards, one dowsed and one told which card was the target. We succeeded only once. That is merely the mathematical probability. How does one succeed more often than this?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I would guess that all the playing cards were made from the same piece of cardboard with the same kind of ink on them...In other words you just guessed wrong....Art

diggerdoodah

Dec 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
73dguard find 5 different year pennies tape them to each card same place on each card and dowse for one specific yr and be sure to spread them far enough apart 5 -6 ft on the floor

widomanmx

Banned
Dec 6, 2013
Chihuahua (mx)
Detector(s) used
Gemini 3
Deepers
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My sons and I laid A-5 playing cards (five cards) on the table face down. We took 5 turns between the three of us. One person placed the cards, one dowsed and one told which card was the target. We succeeded only once. That is merely the mathematical probability. How does one succeed more often than this?

1) Short questions & more practice
2) Separate more objects like diggerdoodah suggests (not to close like playing cards but not to far)
3) Be neutral (no emotions)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread