What's new

Geo‑Geodetic Analysis of the Beale Ciphers – New Research (Zenodo DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.18189608)

Johnyhun

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jan 10, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Geo‑Geodetic Analysis of the Beale Ciphers – New Research (Zenodo DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.18189608)

A new technical report suggests that Beale Ciphers No. 1 and No. 3 are not linguistic codes, but rather a dual geodetic navigation system. By interpreting the numbers as bearings, elevation markers, and logistical units, the study identifies a theoretical target area on the southwestern slope of Sharp Top Mountain in Bedford County, Virginia.

Using a 330° bearing from Montvale (Buford's Tavern) and the recurring 2018-ft elevation reference, the analysis produces the following coordinates:

37.445833, -79.620833

Cipher No. 3 is interpreted as describing 30 iron containers stored in a stone-lined underground vault. The report emphasizes non-invasive methods only (LiDAR/GPR), as the area involves protected lands.
 
Last edited:
To be clear about my intentions: I am not encouraging any unauthorized excavation or metal detecting at these coordinates. My goal in sharing this research and my Zenodo publication is to provide mathematical and geodetic evidence for museums, universities, and official archaeological institutions to conduct professional, non-invasive surveys (such as GPR or LiDAR).

This site is part of Virginia’s historical heritage and must be handled with the utmost care, respecting all federal and state laws. I am calling for a scientific approach to verify the 2018-ft elevation anomaly. The 5,000-mile distance allows me to remain objective; I am seeking the truth of the cipher, not the physical recovery of its contents by individuals."
 
Last edited:
Hogy tisztában legyek a szándékaimmal: Nem bátorítok semmilyen jogosulatlan feltárást vagy fémfelderítést ezeken a koordinátákon. A kutatás és a Zenodo publikációm megosztásával az a célom, hogy matematikai és geodéziai bizonyítékokat szolgáltassak múzeumok, egyetemek és hivatalos régészeti intézmények professzionális, nem invazív felmérések (például GPR vagy LiDAR) elvégzésére.
Ez a helyszín Virginia történelmi örökségének része, és a legnagyobb gondossággal kell kezelni, tiszteletben tartva az összes szövetségi és állami törvényt. Tudományos megközelítést kérek a 2018 láb magassági anomália. Az 5000 mérföldes távolság lehetővé teszi, hogy objektív maradjak; a rejtjel igazságát keresem, nem pedig a tartalmának egyének általi fizikai visszaszerzését.“
Translation...

"To be clear about my intentions: I do not encourage any unauthorized excavation or metal detecting at these coordinates. My goal in sharing my research and Zenodo publication is to provide mathematical and geodetic evidence for museums, universities, and official archaeological institutions to conduct professional, non-invasive surveys (such as GPR or LiDAR).
This site is part of Virginia’s historic heritage and should be treated with the utmost care, respecting all federal and state laws. I request a scientific approach to the 2018 foot elevation anomaly. The distance of 5,000 miles allows me to remain objective; I seek the truth of the cipher, not the physical recovery of its contents by individuals."
 
Geo‑Geodetic Analysis of the Beale Ciphers – New Research (Zenodo DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.18189608)

A new technical report suggests that Beale Ciphers No. 1 and No. 3 are not linguistic codes, but rather a dual geodetic navigation system. By interpreting the numbers as bearings, elevation markers, and logistical units, the study identifies a theoretical target area on the southwestern slope of Sharp Top Mountain in Bedford County, Virginia.

Using a 330° bearing from Montvale (Buford's Tavern) and the recurring 2018-ft elevation reference, the analysis produces the following coordinates:

37.445833, -79.620833

Cipher No. 3 is interpreted as describing 30 iron containers stored in a stone-lined underground vault. The report emphasizes non-invasive methods only (LiDAR/GPR), as the area involves protected lands.
I am with you. I have a slightly different hypothesis, but the idea that they are a surveyor’s traverse is absolutely the angle I’m running with. Before anyone attacks me about the DOI solve, that solve is engineered. There’s plenty of proof for that. We also have 140+ years of people reading these as book ciphers because of, you know, the fake DOI solve. I say it’s high time we look at these through a different lens. I am also not confident that these ciphers were numbered correctly. The NSA files discuss this. Food for thought.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom