What's new

Geo. Washing half UPDATED WITH PICS

47thelement

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2009
Messages
1,741
Reaction score
161
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scored a 1982 D George Washington half today along with a commerative 1994 world cup half and a commerative 1989 Bicentenial of Congress Half. oh yeah and another full roll of 69 silver.

I'll stop drinking Red Bull before taking pics and maybe they won't be so blurry
 

Attachments

  • 100_3036.webp
    100_3036.webp
    31.9 KB · Views: 344
  • 100_3037.webp
    100_3037.webp
    35.4 KB · Views: 357
  • 100_3041.webp
    100_3041.webp
    76.3 KB · Views: 348
  • 100_3042.webp
    100_3042.webp
    55.9 KB · Views: 348
  • 100_3043.webp
    100_3043.webp
    51.6 KB · Views: 337
  • 100_3044.webp
    100_3044.webp
    71.5 KB · Views: 345
Upvote 0
Re: Geo. Washing half

Congrats!!!

DW
 
Re: Geo. Washing half

Sounds pretty sweet!
 
Re: Geo. Washing half

Congrats. I know I could google those but am being lazy. Mind posting pics of obverse and reverse for me to check out?

Thanks and HH,

Dan
 
Re: Geo. Washing half

Piercesdad said:
scored a 1982 D George Washington half today along with a commerative 1994 world cup half and a commerative 1989 Bicentenial of Congress Half. oh yeah and another full roll of 69 silver.

I'm starting to figure this is just a numbers game

It's two things. Yes it is a numbers game. the more you work, the "luckier" you get. A lot of things are that way in life. :-)

But it is also a location thing. I run over 90% skunk boxes here, and my best box only had 11 silvers in it. My second best box (since 2007 mind you) is 5 silvers. Second best. Ever. No solid rolls, no dream boxes. No commemeratives. And no Walkers and only 1 Ben in all that time.

I"m not complaining. I know that's what it is here in AZ and I do it anyway. I work pennies more, only because of the poor ratios on halves. Still I do some every week anyway. I know someone must have worked it hard (His initials are JM, as I see lots of his marked rejects) and I get a few keepers here and there as new silver hits the street, but I'll go through 3 boxes a week and average well less than 1 silver per week from them. Why do it? I also take out the proofs and the NIFCs. I"m still working on rolls for each of those. PLus I also get to pick up loose halves because I pick up the boxes, and the tellers save me what they get. The odds there are better than the boxes (Although never a solid roll). I get some silver before it hits the boxes that way.

So feel wonderful about the commems. That's a major score. And keep pumping. I think that other areas will turn out like AZ in the future. SOme silver (Always) but the old silver worked out and no longer in the boxes. Then maybe everyone will turn to pennies for the copper and wheats. Who knows. For now, I envy but ENJOY hearing from you guys that find such good stuff. :-) Keep up the good work and work those numbers - while you can. :D
 
.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom