tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stay clear of those cholla. I was making a video with those old VHS shoulder mount cameras out in the desert and walked right into one of those wicked buggers.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Stay clear of those cholla. I was making a video with those old VHS shoulder mount cameras out in the desert and walked right into one of those wicked buggers.

Won't go into the circumstances, but while walking out in the desert with just a flashlight one night I stumbled, and then bounced off one cholla, and sat right down on top of another.

My right shoulder and booty looked like I'd been in a fight with a porcupine. Spent the next hour, at least much of it, bent over my hunting partners knee while he yanked the spines out of my arse with a pair of needlenose pliers.
GAAAHsmiley.gif
scream.gif

Cholla needles can cause nasty infections, so on top of it all I went through a series of antibiotics. Never made that mistake again.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was alcohol involved, DizzyDigger? haha, just kiddin. I got into cholla before and had to use pliers to pull the needles out, but no complications afterward.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Was alcohol involved, DizzyDigger? haha, just kiddin. I got into cholla before and had to use pliers to pull the needles out, but no complications afterward.

Nope..no booze or bud..totally sober. I had a couple spots get infected, so the doc put me on the antibiotics. I had over 50 of those spines in my butt, so I felt lucky that only two had any problems healing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread