What's new

George 1st "Dump issue" Hapenny 1718

hammered

Silver Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
2,994
Reaction score
144
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ankh-Morpork
Detector(s) used
Goldmaxx Power and Canon 7D and Viagra supplier
Primary Interest:
Other
George 1st "Dump issue" Ha'penny 1718

We had a little rain, at last, overnight so I thought I would go out on my "Fave" field for a few hours this afternoon. As soon as I switched on the Xp the clouds started to gather and, in the end, I only had about an hour before the rain started coming down in buckets. Lots of different stuff, a broken penknife, a twist chain from a horses bit , a bullet and so on. The Jetton is a bit toasted and I haven't identified the button yet. But the Goerge Ha'penny is in real good condition for a 293 year old coin, the pictures don't do it justice.

1.webp
All the stuff

2.webp
Obverse

3.webp
Reverse


hammered
 
Upvote 0
Re: George 1st "Dump issue" Ha'penny 1718

Very nice condition for a 300 year old copper. Congrats...........Hogge :headbang:
 
Re: George 1st "Dump issue" Ha'penny 1718

No picture of that fabulous Nuremberg jeton? :dontknow:
It seems that he found the chain of my dog ... :laughing7:
H
 
Re: George 1st "Dump issue" Ha'penny 1718

There are people all over the area thanking you for going out hunting, and wondering if you will do it again soon? Guaranteed rainmaker.
 
Re: George 1st "Dump issue" Ha'penny 1718

Nice Copper! We had rain here too. Hope to do better now with the wet soil.
 
Re: George 1st "Dump issue" Ha'penny 1718

Westfront said:
Nice Copper! We had rain here too. Hope to do better now with the wet soil.
Same here.

H,
The dump is a good a one as you could hope for in a open field
 
Re: George 1st "Dump issue" Ha'penny 1718

Lovely Old Copper ;D
 
Re: George 1st "Dump issue" Ha'penny 1718

hogge said:
Very nice condition for a 300 year old copper. Congrats...........Hogge :headbang:

Thanks hogge, thats what I thought :thumbsup:


HISPAN said:
No picture of that fabulous Nuremberg jeton? :dontknow:
It seems that he found the chain of my dog ... :laughing7:
H


Hi "H", the Jetton was a toasty and not worth a picture
The chain is a Twist chain, and is used to cause pain on a horse, it usually has a couple of hooks to stick into the skin. Thankfully illegal now.


High Plains Digger said:
There are people all over the area thanking you for going out hunting, and wondering if you will do it again soon? Guaranteed rainmaker.


Hi HPD, I am thinking of selling my services to the rain starved areas in the States, how much should I charge :laughing7:


Westfront said:
Nice Copper! We had rain here too. Hope to do better now with the wet soil.


Hi Westfront :icon_thumleft:, I hope the rain helps too, we certainly need it


CRUSADER said:
Westfront said:
Nice Copper! We had rain here too. Hope to do better now with the wet soil.
Same here.

H,
The dump is a good a one as you could hope for in a open field


Hi Cru, you know the fields as well as I do, if not better, so, yes that is a good find for me. Even better now it's cleaned :thumbsup:, I'll show you next time we hunt together :icon_thumleft:


steelheadwill said:
Lovely Old Copper ;D

Thanks Herb :icon_thumleft:, are you getting out much?.



hammered
 
Re: George 1st "Dump issue" Ha'penny 1718

Very interesting finds there Ian! :o
For only being out for an hour! :thumbsup:

Dave
 
Re: George 1st "Dump issue" Ha'penny 1718

Nice Dump Issue George I. Its in great shape, much better than the one I dug awhile back, congrats Hammered :occasion14:
 
Re: George 1st "Dump issue" Ha'penny 1718

Nice coin, looks like it would clean up but I prefer the patina! HH, Mike
 
Re: George 1st "Dump issue" Ha'penny 1718

ANTIQUARIAN said:
Very interesting finds there Ian! :o
For only being out for an hour! :thumbsup:

Dave


{Sentinel} said:
Nice Dump Issue George I. Its in great shape, much better than the one I dug awhile back, congrats Hammered :occasion14:


Bavaria Mike said:
Nice coin, looks like it would clean up but I prefer the patina! HH, Mike


Thanks guys, you should see it now Mike, all cleaned and still with the patina :thumbsup:


hammered
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom