What's new

✅ SOLVED Georgia Army National Guard Sign

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2011
Messages
6,152
Reaction score
7,991
Golden Thread
4
Location
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I acquired this sign about two years ago when the local National Guard Armory closed down and moved to the Marine Base in Albany Georgia. It was found above the arms room and was completely covered in thick dust. Any idea of its age? I’m thinking late 50s or early 60s.
 

Attachments

  • 0BB6AC16-CCB9-4981-A4C6-C6DD1E502E67.webp
    0BB6AC16-CCB9-4981-A4C6-C6DD1E502E67.webp
    126.8 KB · Views: 90
That's a very cooling looking well painted sign and a great find. :thumbsup:
I'd hazard a guess it was painted by a WWII Veteran who was part of the 48th Armored Division and had participated in a few of the battles mentioned on the sign.
If it were mine, I'd ask around and research who painted it, sure would be cool to attribute it one or more individuals.
You've just saved a piece of Georgia WWII history right there GaRebel! :occasion14:

Dave
 

Attachments

  • 0BB6AC16-CCB9-4981-A4C6-C6DD1E502E67-crop.webp
    0BB6AC16-CCB9-4981-A4C6-C6DD1E502E67-crop.webp
    101.4 KB · Views: 61
Upvote 0
That's a nice piece of history bet they wondered where that went lol
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom