What's new

Georgia Button

Davers

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2013
Messages
8,237
Reaction score
7,296
Golden Thread
0
Location
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20180623_191903.webp20180623_192032.webp20180623_192143.webp20180623_192326.webp
Uploaded this for my Happy Husband. He will elaborate later.
 
Upvote 0
Great recovery Davy - Congratulations!!

What -Up man?
It's been awhile , been thinking about you ( not in any funny way LOL ) but wondering if you got any Shells Or Frags , Nice or Nice Minnie's since the Spring .

Anyway good to hear from you & good luck on your future hunts.
Davers
 
Beautiful button Davey, big time congrats! --JB

Thanks JB.
You gotta know this is just about tops on my 'Have dug' list.

P.S. Got to make a trip down to the area you referred me to , I have come to know it & it's wildlife in the 40 + hours I have spent there since Winter , the former landowner just texted me saying "tree cutting has begun & it's ugly".
I hope to save a few more Fired Minnie's / Case Shot from that area ; in the forested area the Bullets were averaging 12 + inches. Sooooooo???

Good Day
Davey
 
It's in a lot better shape than the one I found. Congratulations on a hard to find button!

Yes Sir.
I got Blessed on the condition as the other 2 buttons I found in the area are pretty Toasty.

Yours look's good to me , I drooled over it many times since you dug it & your other confederate button.

It was about 20 years in coming.
Good Day down there .
 
Awesome find Dave. Congratulations!

Thanks Hawks88.
I'd sometimes give Kidney to live in old NY state to get them sweet US & Canadian coins , & etc, y'all do.

Then again Ill guess you wish that Civil War relics were around you.

"The grass is always greener" as they say.
Davers
 
Congrats on the button find! It looks to be in great shape too!

D.

Thanks again Dharmacy.

If I recall right & my research is correct you 'Special ' LA with TX back was made by the same maker in LA.

'Lovin this one'.
Davey
 
BIG congrats Davers! That's a really sweet local button. Great piece of Southern history!
 
Dave, Congrat's to you on the find of the Georgia button. These are indeed hard to come by. I know this find helped to make your Father's Day that much more special. What I would give to come across one of these in our neck of the woods (So to speak). Well Done. This will help to further enhance your collection.....and from the home state too.:notworthy:
 
Congrats on a super find. That's one fine button to say the least. The best to you.
 
BIG congrats Davers! That's a really sweet local button. Great piece of Southern history!

what a great find, its wonderful, keep digging, there is always on more.
thanks for posting, marion from s.c.

Awesome button buddy.

Dave, Congrat's to you on the find of the Georgia button. These are indeed hard to come by. I know this find helped to make your Father's Day that much more special. What I would give to come across one of these in our neck of the woods (So to speak). Well Done. This will help to further enhance your collection.....and from the home state too.:notworthy:

BIG congrats Davers! That's a really sweet local button. Great piece of Southern history!

Thanks Tom , I hope you can uncover a Nice button some day (if not already )? As I believe anywhere in the SE especially it's possible.
Did you ever go on that CW Hunt , forgive me if i'm thinking of another member.
Good Day



what a great find, its wonderful, keep digging, there is always on more.
thanks for posting, marion from s.c.

Thanks Marion GREAT! relics are to be found in SC, I'm sure you have seen them & found some yourself.
Peace to you in the 'Palmetto' State.


Awesome button buddy.

Thanks Brother as I said it's been a long time coming.
GL Up there or continued good luck as you been digging good stuff lately. Esp, for Summer.


Dave, Congrat's to you on the find of the Georgia button. These are indeed hard to come by. I know this find helped to make your Father's Day that much more special. What I would give to come across one of these in our neck of the woods (So to speak). Well Done. This will help to further enhance your collection.....and from the home state too.:notworthy:

Well devildog , you would know how hard they are to dig but the condition is a true Blessing , It makes me wonder as there was activity near the spot I found this until late 1940's ( I also dug my 3 rd ever Buff Nickel , & 1943 Merc Dime together that day), I had pictures of Shield Nickles & Seated Dimes dancing in my head until the next Day, lol But Ill take -em.

There is also an abandoned falling in house 400 yards away. I was thinking the button was an early Skirmish site pick-up , then lost again in the last 50 + years ??? Then again I have (in the past few years) found Union GS buttons in similar condition. Also my Plain Face Militia Plate was found nearby in 2014 or so + I got 2 more fired Minnie's within a stones throw of the Button.

I def, wanna keep this one in the family forever.
Have a good one & thanks for your comments.
Davers
 
Great find there bud!! And what a unique present to dig on Father's Day!! Congrats!!!
 
Great find there bud!! And what a unique present to dig on Father's Day!! Congrats!!!

It was a very gratifying gift.

Hope you are well.
Davers
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom