Georgia--old resort lead/virgin?

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Take a read on this. Sounds very promising...probably hasn't been detected. On private land. Owner of property sounds approachable. I put link to full site below the info here...has photos too. Also info on an old park and some other stuff.

CHALYBEATE SPRINGS

Chalybeate Springs is a community right outside of Manchester. From the 1870's to around 1924 there was a resort located there. It once had a large hotel, swimming pools, a skating rink and bands that played there. There were also carriage rides around the mountain. People from all over the area would visit, the minerals in the water made it a spa like resort. I visited there and took these pictures. I could see no remains of the resort. Some young boys living nearby said they thought there were remains of a swimming pool and a few ruins, but the owner of the property said there was really nothing left but a spring. The pictures show where the old resort area was located. Very beautiful land. Very nice people in this community. A big Thank You to the Machester Fire Department for their help.
http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/georgia/page3.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back