nyiangelo
Hero Member
- Joined
- Feb 19, 2007
- Messages
- 639
- Reaction score
- 27
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- The Lone Star State
- Detector(s) used
- ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
So today I was buying some 55 gallon drums to store up some drinking water. I got them from a tortilla factory. Me and the owner were talking about killing the germs in the water. My plan was to use a bleach/water ratio. He tells me " Hey you should get a silver dollar or half dollar and drop it the drum" Apparently in Mexico people throw one in their cisterns so it will kill all the bacteria in the water. Then he goes on to say how hard it would be to find a silver coin.
But I've never heard of that was curious if anyone else has. I know silver has many medical uses. Just never heard of an old tale like that.
But I've never heard of that was curious if anyone else has. I know silver has many medical uses. Just never heard of an old tale like that.
Upvote
0
I have some store bought gallon containers with water stored, but I rotate it out and drink it (has a 2 year shelf life). I don't trust water from the faucet for drinking not because of the treatment it gets at the plant, but because of the off taste and the miles of pipes it has to travel through to get to my house. I buy what is labeled as "spring water" from the grocery store. It is not expensive and tastes great. It may turn out to be poisonous long term but what can you do.



)






