folkert Sr. Member Joined Feb 10, 2004 Messages 392 Reaction score 14 Golden Thread 0 Location Germany Detector(s) used Tesoro Vaquero Germany Jul 14, 2007 #1 Found this afternoon: a nice german crossbow brooch dating to the 4th century AD. Attachments Armbrustfibel 1.webp 6.9 KB · Views: 333 Armbrustfibel 2.webp 7 KB · Views: 330 Upvote 0
O ohannos Guest Jul 14, 2007 #2 really interresting piece of old history. i like it a lot. did you find it in a field?
folkert Sr. Member Joined Feb 10, 2004 Messages 392 Reaction score 14 Golden Thread 0 Location Germany Detector(s) used Tesoro Vaquero Germany Jul 14, 2007 Thread Owner #3 Hi ohannos, I found it in a local field where I found roman coins and artefacts before. This field is rich in finds from roman times to Napoleons wars (regimental buttons, cannon balls, musket balls, coins, parts of weapons )
Hi ohannos, I found it in a local field where I found roman coins and artefacts before. This field is rich in finds from roman times to Napoleons wars (regimental buttons, cannon balls, musket balls, coins, parts of weapons )
Jack(IN) Bronze Member Joined Jan 20, 2007 Messages 2,197 Reaction score 20 Golden Thread 0 Location Indiana Detector(s) used Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250 Jul 14, 2007 #4 Again, nice find! Have to love the old stuff!
Wolfbite Sr. Member Joined Jul 22, 2006 Messages 459 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Location Walnut Cove NC Detector(s) used Ace 250 Jul 14, 2007 #5 Very nice relic!HH Wolfbite