German Folding Bikes?

nick.foltz

Dec 24, 2009
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Tesoro Cibola
For 50 bucks I bought a poultry water keg (I raise chickens), a power washer that works (I already sold it for 150 bucks just bought a new hose and nozzle for 20 bucks at lowes) vinegar keg, nail can, cream can, rag can, vintage Coleman water keg, and two German folding bikes. I found a website http://www.foldingcyclist.com which pretty much has every folding bike known to man except mine. I've tried joining the forum, but it won't let me (it says at the top of the page it has bugs), and I've tried emailing the guy (yahoo sent it back). I've talked to a guy that knows everything that has to do with Schwinns. The only information he could give me was they might have been imported( or brought over by someone during the war) I've typed in the names of the bikes, but received vague information. I'm not sure if I should post here although it was a garage sale find. The only thing I found out was about the REKORD seat its genuine Italian leather, and from what I gathered in good condition is worth a little money. It has a small tear that I'm sure can be repaired. Here is some pics I'm gonna need a expert. ??? ??? ???

Attachments

• DSCN0493.JPG
    DSCN0493.JPG
    212.9 KB · Views: 5,818
  • DSCN0491.JPG
    DSCN0491.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 1,633
  • DSCN0489.JPG
    DSCN0489.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 1,287
  • DSCN0487.JPG
    DSCN0487.JPG
    196.8 KB · Views: 1,635
  • DSCN0486.JPG
    DSCN0486.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 1,291
  • DSCN0484.JPG
    DSCN0484.JPG
    189.4 KB · Views: 1,265
  • DSCN0483.JPG
    0 bytes · Views: 1,094
  • DSCN0488.JPG
    DSCN0488.JPG
    184.5 KB · Views: 1,563

EdleBrock

Nov 5, 2007
I have no idea on the bike but it reminded me that one of the guys on Pickers is a big vintage bike fan. Send them a picture. Maybe they'll put you on TV...LOL...

BTW, the picture with the little girl in it is like something from a magazine...

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
A quick search of "vintage Jaguar folding bike" turns up a bunch of references........ Looks like that one was a Schwinn product

Since the two look so much alike, would it be safe to assume one is a "knock-off" of the other ?

Diggem'

OP
OP
nick.foltz

nick.foltz

Dec 24, 2009
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Tesoro Cibola
Yeah I google "Jaguar", but it never came up with what I have. I know the one "Brilliant" is a German import because of the German caution stickers. Its a super stumper to me. I've talked to several different bike people and none of them know anything about them. It might just be me saying it, but I'm not sure there is that many floating around. I'd like to sell them but it order to sell them I need to know a little bit about them. HAHA she sure does like getting her picture taken.

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
I picked up a folding bike from the dumpster a couple of weeks ago. Much newer then yours and in good shape. Sold it to the vendor across from me at the swap meet for $40. He then sold it for $50. everybody a winner.

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The American Picker Boys would be proud of you !!

Great finds

cdltpx

Jul 6, 2009
Galvez La 70769
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/2 coils BH 2 coils/ Garrett pinpointer.
Folding bikes are very useful to college students or people that have to park down town and might save piles of cash getting in close with the car parking and biking the last half mile.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread