kuger
Gold Member
- Joined
- Nov 6, 2007
- Messages
- 9,732
- Reaction score
- 2,803
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- ,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
It takes a big man to apologize and I respect that,accept and return one to you.I have the same stance as you do,however,I grew up in these parts,spent my entire life around grinding rocks,they are so common here they are not even talked about.....I know what one is,those I posted are I promise you this with everything of my being.As I said I went back and too k more pictures,and was pissed last night I deleted them.............we are marking calves next week so I will go back down there again.Is there any angle or anything in particular I need to photo?I have collected artifacts my entire life and have a very impressive collection but by no means consider myself an expert,if you were to tell me a point wasnt the name I thought I was,I would not argue,there is a lot I dont know,thats what intrigues me.....I know a grinding rock when I see it though! 
Upvote
0

Yes,I see what your seeing and they are elongated.I have an explanation LOL!I have seen some incredibly huge pestles,some were to big to lift and drop repeatedly like we envision a woman doing,so I asked an elderly Indian woman that was doing a demo at a Pow wow one time about how they were used...She stated that some were rolled,(The pestles I was thinking of were tapered so I wasnt buying that)and some were actually "dragged",around the perimeter....if that would give an oval opening I dont know?I do recall seeing that sometimes though.I will keep that in mind and see if I can further prove,or dis-prove this phenomenon. In the mean time go take two tablespoons of Cayenne Pepper Powder,and chase it with water....do it,its not that hot,and will cure what ales you!!
)






