Silver Stripe
Bronze Member
OK sos July is in the books. I did alright considering I only had two weeks of searching and the learning curve (took awhile to wrap my head around the idea I could order a box before having dumped- O and I had to get a dump bank set up too).
Picked up two boxes yesterday from my original bank, since the last box I got from there was a Brinks Skunk I was hopeful but not optomistic. First box= skunk, second box= 1 measely 40%. I don't know where the CU gets their halves but they come in the big, single layer box with the peep holes. I do know Loomis picks up the change from their counter. There is no writing on the wrappers like the Brinks, just $10 half dollars.
Working on a game plan now to maximize my funds searching ability. Will open an account at the CU (3 branches), order 2 boxes for Monday pickup at one, 2 boxes for Wednesday pickup at another, and 2 for Friday at the third. This will take a couple weeks to get set up till payday. My dump bank has enough branches for every day of the week so I plan to make my rounds.
Then there is ME two week vacation coming end of August/ beginning of Sept., I plan to hit alot of small town banks. I'm gonna sell off most of the gold I won last year to "Grubstake" me as it were so I won't have to run to the city and dump till I'm good and ready. I need to get the gold in a more liquid form anyways in case TSHTF. Then when I get back from vacation I plan to set up the 2 box X 3 branches with a standing order every week. I still plan to order at least 1 box per week from the original bank- that first box from them came from somewhere and sooner or later they will have to run out of them marked coins or maybe not.
BTW just for grins here's a pic of ME gold on a CRH site haha. HH all, Mark
Picked up two boxes yesterday from my original bank, since the last box I got from there was a Brinks Skunk I was hopeful but not optomistic. First box= skunk, second box= 1 measely 40%. I don't know where the CU gets their halves but they come in the big, single layer box with the peep holes. I do know Loomis picks up the change from their counter. There is no writing on the wrappers like the Brinks, just $10 half dollars.
Working on a game plan now to maximize my funds searching ability. Will open an account at the CU (3 branches), order 2 boxes for Monday pickup at one, 2 boxes for Wednesday pickup at another, and 2 for Friday at the third. This will take a couple weeks to get set up till payday. My dump bank has enough branches for every day of the week so I plan to make my rounds.
Then there is ME two week vacation coming end of August/ beginning of Sept., I plan to hit alot of small town banks. I'm gonna sell off most of the gold I won last year to "Grubstake" me as it were so I won't have to run to the city and dump till I'm good and ready. I need to get the gold in a more liquid form anyways in case TSHTF. Then when I get back from vacation I plan to set up the 2 box X 3 branches with a standing order every week. I still plan to order at least 1 box per week from the original bank- that first box from them came from somewhere and sooner or later they will have to run out of them marked coins or maybe not.
BTW just for grins here's a pic of ME gold on a CRH site haha. HH all, Mark
Upvote
0







