iamavol

Greenie
Mar 20, 2020
Cibolo, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 / Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, today is going to be a great day. My CTX 3030 is scheduled to be delivered. Currently I swing an Equinox 800 and an Excalibur II (for detecting when I scuba dive) and I am absolutely STOKED about the addition of the 3030. Right now I am only getting the stock 11" coil but want to add a smaller one in the near future. Any recommendations on starting with the CTX? I hunt in the central Texas area (San Antonio). Thanks in advance

Mud Hut

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you will find an abundance of treasures with your new toy. When you do, kindly share them with us. Good Luck.

UncleTom

Jun 3, 2006
SEABROOK TEXAS
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I and II, CTX-3030, Equinox 600, X-terra 70,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a great machine just give it some time to click with you.

Yeasty

Oct 22, 2007
DELAWARE
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, CTX-17, CTX-6, E-Trac, Explorer SE , Sun Ray X-1 probes, FBS 800, WOT, Garrett Pro-Pointer and modified David Clark headphones
Don't get frustrated by the steep learning curve!

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get ready to find the most silver you've ever found! I think what this machine does is helps you dig less trash and dig up more treasures!

OP
OP
I

iamavol

Greenie
Mar 20, 2020
Cibolo, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all. Yea, I am sure it will be a big learning curve but I am ready. I have been swinging an Equinox 800 and an Excalibur II for a couple of years. The one thing I have already seen is I need to SLOW down on my swing

PAScott

Jul 28, 2014
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, today is going to be a great day. My CTX 3030 is scheduled to be delivered. Currently I swing an Equinox 800 and an Excalibur II (for detecting when I scuba dive) and I am absolutely STOKED about the addition of the 3030. Right now I am only getting the stock 11" coil but want to add a smaller one in the near future. Any recommendations on starting with the CTX? I hunt in the central Texas area (San Antonio). Thanks in advance
Get Andy Sabisch’s book. It’s very informative!

V3iMadness

Dec 22, 2022
Bath, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any Updates?

OP
OP
I

iamavol

Greenie
Mar 20, 2020
Cibolo, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any Updates?
Sorry for the late response. Just now saw this. I am enjoying the 3030 and have found a bunch of silver since I have gotten it. I am operating it in 'baby' mode for the most part. I havent gotten into changing or downloading settings. Truth be told, I used my Excalibur 2 most of the spring and summer as I dive and treasure hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions