What's new

Getting Old Sucks

If the Sun's real bright, I'll put on a hat, otherwise it's a do-rag.
Stays on much better, and keeps the shiny top of my head warmer.

And yes, I agree 100%.....getting old stinks, and it sucks worse when
you're reminded of it. Went to the bud store Thurs. night, and the cute
lil' 20/something gal behind the counter called me "Sir".... scream.gif

Reality sucks... old.gif
 
We are never as young as we think we are anymore!:occasion14:

At least it wasn't your MAGA hat!! :wink: :laughing7:
 
If the Sun's real bright, I'll put on a hat, otherwise it's a do-rag.
Stays on much better, and keeps the shiny top of my head warmer.

And yes, I agree 100%.....getting old stinks, and it sucks worse when
you're reminded of it. Went to the bud store Thurs. night, and the cute
lil' 20/something gal behind the counter called me "Sir"....View attachment 1813221

Reality sucks... View attachment 1813220

I have very little hair on top of head, I wear the hat to also protect my neck, ears and cheeks.


71pSujZ6gdL._AC_SL1500_.webp

71HIjLQqu-L._AC_SL1500_.webp

I wasnt wearing face mask. Just ordered another one for back up in case it happens again I will have backup with me.
 
If the Sun's real bright, I'll put on a hat, otherwise it's a do-rag.
Stays on much better, and keeps the shiny top of my head warmer.

And yes, I agree 100%.....getting old stinks, and it sucks worse when
you're reminded of it. Went to the bud store Thurs. night, and the cute
lil' 20/something gal behind the counter called me "Sir"....View attachment 1813221

Reality sucks... View attachment 1813220

I have very little hair on top of head, I wear the hat to also protect my neck, ears and cheeks.


View attachment 1813224

View attachment 1813225

I wasnt wearing face mask. Just ordered another one for back up in case it happens again I will have backup with me. I use same hat for metal detecting.
 
I am too old to run, except by wild animals chasing me.
 
I have very little hair on top of head, I wear the hat to also
protect my neck, ears and cheeks.

Same here..chrome on top and silver on the sides.

If I'm out in the Sun prospecting or doing yard work, I'll
wear a boonie hat. The do rag keeps my head warm, and
even though it's warming up a bit, we're still near freezing at
night.

Being 125 mi. NE of Seattle, getting too much Sun is generally
not a concern... :laughing7:
 
What a BUNCH of SISSIES !!! I am 74 years old and CAN STILL DO the HUNDRED yard dash in UNDER 10 MINUTES !!!
 
It will take me 10 minutes just to find my truck keys to drive the hundred yards.
 
They are a lot easier, if there is a cold beer waiting at the finish line !
 
Your are only partially right...everything is better with a cold beer.
 
Well... I'm 73. I mighta, coulda dunnit back when I was 60. Today I would have just waved goodbye to the hat... and maybe, maybe not, gone and bought another one. I don't really need another hat, I have plenty of hats and don't wear them that often. Congrats on the dash and catch!
 
You were able to get that which means you are still strong and smart enough to do it without failing
 
Arrg I just thought of you TH... as I was changing the toilet paper roll and fumble fingered ... the damn roll went all the way out into living room as I chased it.

Leaving a "paper trail" (heh) all the way out :/

Now a good section of roll is shot.

Whats worse is... the damn stuff is like gold now. heh
 
I am too old to run, except by wild animals chasing me.

About the only wild things I can outrun here in the People’s Republic of Connecticut are the ticks (if I get a 10 yard head start)!
dts
 
I just went for a run and I can still do it! I timed myself and was able to complete the 100 yard dash in 4 hours, 28 min and 13 seconds!:headbang:
 
HA! Reminds me of that OLD Rolling Stones "classic" song; something about "What a drag, it is, getting OLD"... or was that Yoda, being 900 years old...?
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom