What's new

getting rid of clad coins...

sandtrout

Full Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2010
Messages
206
Reaction score
18
Golden Thread
0
if i clean my coins through a coin tumbler and then pass them through a coin changer at a store or bank, some of them are "kicked" back. is there a government agency that takes these coins and gives you their worth in cash?
 
I think the bank is supposed to replace damaged money for you. I put all my cruddy zincolns in the Ronald Mcdonald house drop box.
 
As a roll hunter and md'er, I run a lot of coin thru the counter at my c.u.
I get tons of canadian rejects and damaged US coins, and others....I always just drop these in the large clear jug that's convieniently located next to the counter, proceeds go to the less fortunate. ffd
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom