What's new

It’s bad, ya know?

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2018
Messages
9,184
Reaction score
33,073
Golden Thread
0
Location
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I started collecting graded gold coins in 2022. Just by chance, my timing was really good. I purchased these two double eagles for around $3K each. Now they are approaching $6K each.
IMG_3189.webp


The 1855 is a type 1, which were made between 1850 and 1865. I decided to sell both of these and take the profit. I’ve been looking for a type 1 upgrade and spotted this.
IMG_2873.webp

A coin from the Central America! I contacted the coin shop on Long Island and made a deal. $7800. I sent a cashiers check from my bank.
IMG_3190.webp

After a long wait until the check cleared, they shipped the coin last Monday, FedEx priority overnight. Tuesday delivery. I watched the tracking. The coin arrived at the Memphis hub Monday evening. And that’s when the tracking went cold. No updates since Mon evening.
IMG_3187.webp

The coin shop has contacted FedEx and they initiated a search. Nothing. At this point I can only assume some FedEx worker now has it around his neck. 🤷🏼 The coin shop is above board and I have no doubt I’ll get my money back but I don’t think I’ll see this coin again. I’m beyond bummed out. Depressed!😔 It was real treasure and it slipped through my fingers! At this point, I’m about ready to walk away from coin collecting completely.🤷🏼
IMG_3016.webp
 
Sorry to read this happened to you Gary.
It really sucks when the basic level of trust has eroded to the point where even the couriers can't be trusted. Hopefully they'll track the coin package down and you'll get it in the end.
 
That is a bummer. You would think it would be fairly easy to narrow down who and when the last signer was, but you lose that little bit of confidence. I know that UPS handles all of their thefts internally, and they never seem to find anything. Alternatively, I sent a ring through the P O, missing for months, the box shows up opened and damaged, but the ring was still there! Hope it shows up!
 
That’s just awful. So sorry to hear that happened.
 
Give it a little more time brother. I hope it shows up. But this is the problem when buying online and shipping though the mail.
 
Wow! Sorry about that! Wasn't it insured?

Fed-Ex offers secure high value shipping service.

- Geowizard
 
Last edited:
Sadly, this is typical FedEx based on my own experiences with them. Hopefully with the money you will find an even better deal.
 
Hopefully they didn’t slap a sticker with their business name and return address on the front of the package “Long Island Rare Coins”!

Keep us updated?
 
Update with good news!
 
Did you demand signature required ? When i purchase things such as this . Upon delivery I DEMAND signature and insured
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom