Getting started in CRH halves. What do you do to start ordering boxes?

bouje

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2011
Upvote 0
Just say that you would like to place an order for a box of halves. NEVER mention silver. If they ask why, just tell them that you are a coin collector. Good luck! :icon_thumright:

Go back and read a lot of the old posts.. you can learn a lot. When I decided to buy a metal detector, I read a lot of the old posts and used the info to help me buy what detector I needed. Same thing here.

just ask if u can order a box of halves...they will be understanding...and if they ask y, say u collect coins, and if they say what kind of coins say u are trying to fill up books of every year and every mint...thats what i do. good luck! keep it up and hh!

bouje said:
I was just wondering what to people do when they go up to the tellers when they order their first box? I'm sure that it's an unusual request and am wondering exactly what to say? Do you just say that I'm a coin collector and am looking for silver but don't worry I won't dump the coins back to "X" bank?

Thanks for the feedback!

What you do is, Walk in the bank with dark sunglasses and a hooded sweatshirt...Have a small piece of paper that says
"Order me a Box of Halves, and give me all the loose ones you have"..Its best to bring your own bag :laughing9:

Really thou...I tell my banks that I have kids who are trying to fill up there little coin books..I always get First Class treatment with that :thumbsup:

Seems we get this question every day or so. Can those new to the forum please go back and read a little before asking this question?

AGCoinHunter said:
Seems we get this question every day or so. Can those new to the forum please go back and read a little before asking this question?

Yea, I think everyone needs to Read the the "Guide To CRH'ing", or whatever its called on here before people start posting. Thou I will admit that i was one of those guys asking generic questions at first...but you are right..I see it all the time

The banks i actually do banking at i ask more often, also since i joined a bunch of banks many offer to order when i look for loose.

Understand that many have never ordered halves and think they cant, wont is possible , charges are possible , but with a little prodding [sweetly] i have never seen a bank that cant.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back