Ghetto Baseball Field - Clad Only - No Skunks Tonight

Ryan1979

Mar 8, 2007
St. Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, ACE250
On my late night hunting after work tonight, I went out to the ghetto baseball fields across the road from the ghetto park where I hunted the last two nights and saw the skunk and drunk homeless guy. I started at 1:15 am, ended at 3:30 am. The only reason I quit was because it was starting to sleet and my display on the new ACE was starting to get wet. Ah yes, it's getting to that time of year again. Sleet, snow, ice. The baseball fields are about 15 feet lower than the road that borders it, so there are plenty of good spots for people to sit while they watch the games. And plenty of grass to lose all of their coins from their pockets too!!! ;)

I ended up with 9 quarters, 6 dimes, 2 nickels, and 22 pennies. I also found a Bank of Malaysia $1 coin that I originally thought was a quarter. It is almost twice as thick as a quarter, but I didn't realize that because it was crusted with mud. I truly believe no one hunts these parks because there were literally signals on every sweep. I had the ACE250 on coin mode with the nickel discriminated out. There were times when I wouldn't even get off me knees for 10 minutes at a time because I was digging signal upon signal, just sitting there. I do know that I need to continue to work on my pinpointing, but I've been steadily improving each of the last 3 nights and the coin counts are slowly rising. Once I get the pinpointing down 100%, I think I could easily do 150 coins in 3 hours around these fields. I'm challenging myself, you see that right?

The last place I hunted at these fields tonight before I left was a spot where they had removed a set of bleachers. Wow! Coin after coin after coin! The money I spent on the ACE has already been worth it to me. I found quite a few coins with the BH Tracker IV, but not like this. There are so many coins and signals here that I'm already debating getting the smaller coil. HMMM, maybe not, the wife will kill me.

I took pictures of the coins, but I found that I don't know how to get them on the computer from the wife's high-tech camera. I'll see if she can do it tomorrow.

Ok, good night. I'm off to bed.

Ryan1979

Upvote 0

ukeden

Jun 16, 2006
cumbria
Detector(s) used
ace 250,whites spectrum
seams like your having a good time with your ace im all so learning the pinpointing but its not as bad as i thought pepole have said they have had problems ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions