Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Randall:
That metal token was given to each of us Scouts at the Jamboree. 50,000 Scouts pitched our tents on what is now the ground under Newport Center in Newport Beach, California. Hard to believe I attended the 50th reunion of that event. Jamboree Road, on Interstate 5 is a constant reminder of that event. Thanks for the memories. Whoever lost it, lost more than an Ebay collectible item.
Don...

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
With the kind of luck you are having, you need to buy a Powerball ticket. NOW! :D

Daryl

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool token!

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice digs Randall..that token is nice and what's interesting to me is another TNet member was actually at that event and received the same token all those years ago.

Mackaydon said:
Randall:
That metal token was given to each of us Scouts at the Jamboree. 50,000 Scouts pitched our tents on what is now the ground under Newport Center in Newport Beach, California. Hard to believe I attended the 50th reunion of that event.

Don that's amazing..too bad progress has to hit those sites, there's so many places I worked and played as a kid that are gone now as well.

Nat

I'd also like to add that speech was phenomenal..it would be my hope to hear something that even comes close to that should I attend any kind of reunion in the future.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That dirt pile sure has been a great spot for you, Randy! :o Congrats on all those finds!

Nana :)

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great year 1953! That is when Mr. & Mrs Foster brought a wonderful baby boy into the world. Like a fine wine, he has just gotten better each day!!!

God I love me!!!

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Nat and Randall:
Another thing about that Jamboree. We arrived in Newport Beach (actualy Irvine today) in trains and buses from around the country, but not before planned stops along the way. I came in from Chicago, via Denver (first time ever saw the Rockies), San Francisco, LA and finally NB; then returned via the southern route (Needles Ca. 100 degrees at 6 PM; another 1st experience) then the Grand Canyon and other stops. So it was not just the experience of the desert campsite, it was that experience and a lot more. No doubt it may rank as one of the top ten life experiences for those who had this opportunity to attend.
'Old school', for sure, and what a pleasure it still is to have those memories; thanks for finding that 'relic' from the past--my past.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread