Ghost Town Gold!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
I did , I didn't find it very entertaining. It's a lot like American Pickers but I still prefer Pickers more. One thing about these shows, people sure do think their junk is valuable now.

I thought the show was gonna be about nugget shooting or prospecting when i saw it was a picker type show i switched the channel just doesn't really do it for me anymore.

Just another knockoff. All the items found were planted. Not as good as Pickers which has style.

I recorded it but won't get a chance to watch it until tomorrow.

Sounds like I didn't miss much.

Thanks,
GG~

Goodyguy---no, you didn't miss much. Got about 3/4 way through and bailed. Scripted, objects planted, ect. Such as a shotgun and pistol stored away, forgotten for years until the two guys finds them and neither weapon had a speck of dust on them. Good camera work. Whoever produced and directed the show sure knew his/her business setting a stage scene. I bailed on American Pickers after they did the Gettysburg Show. Haven't seen an episode since.

LOL, I thought it'd be a staged prospecting show. I'm even more glad I "missed" it in favor of murder of the hour channel, aka Discovery ID.

Goodyguy, To much turkey, or like me to many years? lol Frank STILL LIFE-0003 wolf.jpg

Hey! I resemble that remark :tongue3:

Sounds like I didn't miss much.

Thanks,
GG~

You didn't, I watched it, mostly because there wasn't anything else I wanted to watch, and I needed something mind numbing so the turkey could be digested. The best part was the old boy that wouldn't sell anything, so they were able to trade him some set up stuff. It's hokey, but he had some neat stuff.

dreamers!

Last edited:
Ghost Town Gold

Did anyone watch Ghost Town Gold on Discovery Channel last night?
I fell asleep and missed it ( too much turkey)

GG~

I thought the show was about finding raw gold in and around ghost towns. Only watch it once, which is more then enough.

I thought the show was about finding raw gold in and around ghost towns. Only watch it once, which is more then enough.

From the title that's what I was expecting. Would have made a good show if it had been.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back