Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good Morning, Simon.

I like the Otis touch!

We had our Employee/Family Christmas Party Friday night. One of the things we do is a White Elephant Gift Game. I never know what to get these guys, so I almost always get a gag gift. I bought a Charlie Brown Christmas tree, wrapped it up and attached one of those candy canes full of reece cups. Dead give away that it was a gag gift, but one guy picked it. No body stole it from him. He was stuck with it. :tongue3: :laughing9:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes Simon, that pic was at Antietam. Sharpsburg if you will.

It was photographed Sept. 20th, 1862, a few days after the battle by Alexander Gardner.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morning WD and whomever is still on the show. Slept late today. Had to carry bride woman to Oxford to the clinic to get her a tune up. Long day back to Tupelo. Fought off two battalions of Yanks hand to hand. Bride was Jap slapping um. Hell of a battle. We finally sent um on the run with just minor injuries to us. Bride woman had a broken finger nail. Well on to Tupelo to Wal-Stuff where the battle was just as bad. Thought I lost bride woman one time when she got in a skirmish with a woman over the last pair of Christmas print pantyhose her size. After a walk-by- slappin bride woman won that battle and I awarded the metal last night. What a day.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning, kingskid1611. Don't be shy. No one bites here, although, Rook pecks a little sometimes. LOL!

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Morning WD and whomever is still on the show. Slept late today. Had to carry bride woman to Oxford to the clinic to get her a tune up. Long day back to Tupelo. Fought off two battalions of Yanks hand to hand. Bride was Jap slapping um. Hell of a battle. We finally sent um on the run with just minor injuries to us. Bride woman had a broken finger nail. Well on to Tupelo to Wal-Stuff where the battle was just as bad. Thought I lost bride woman one time when she got in a skirmish with a woman over the last pair of Christmas print pantyhose her size. After a walk-by- slappin bride woman won that battle and I awarded the metal last night. What a day.

Wow! Glad you made it through relatively safe. We ventured towards the CWAZ last night. Got close, but didn't enter, so we were unnoticed.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I noticed several problems here.

1. You did not set out advanced guards and flankers.

2. You did not protect the flanks at all, from what I hear. All it would take is an unprotected flank to be attacked, and the whole command would have been taken from the rear.

3. NO BAYONETS!?

That being said, well done on surviving the battle.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I noticed several problems here.

1. You did not set out advanced guards and flankers.

2. You did not protect the flanks at all, from what I hear. All it would take is an unprotected flank to be attacked, and the whole command would have been taken from the rear.

3. NO BAYONETS!?

That being said, well done on surviving the battle.

He had his bride. He didn't need any reinforcements.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread