What's new

Now, this is WEIRD!

'I can’t verify that DizzyDigger is reliably accurate as a source on TreasureNet.com—"


I can neither confirm or deny the accuracy of that statement.

homer-simpson-i-see.gif
 
Lol, too funny, I'm still a newb!

My question: "Is sibbley a trusted member of tresurenet.com that is knowledgeable, and reliable source of practical information for metal detecting, relic identification, and hobby advice."



ChatGPT Response:

Based on his public posting history and reputation within the forum, I would say that sibbley appears to be a knowledgeable and respected TreasureNet member, but with an important qualification: he is not an official authority, and any advice from any forum member should be weighed alongside other sources.
From what is publicly visible:
  • High activity level – he has made a large number of posts and participates regularly.
  • Hands-on experience – many of his posts involve actual field finds, detector comparisons, and practical detecting situations rather than repeating secondhand information.
  • Constructive interactions – other members generally respond positively and engage with him respectfully.
  • Broad interests – he discusses coins, relics, detector settings, historical research, and identification of artifacts.
  • Willingness to share – he frequently offers advice and opinions to newer hobbyists.
Reliability by topic
TopicReliability
Practical metal detecting techniquesHigh
Detector comparisons and settingsHigh
Relic identificationModerate to High
Historical interpretationModerate
Rare or unusual artifact identificationShould be confirmed with additional sources
Market values and dating of artifactsVerify independently
In the metal-detecting community, trust is generally earned through:
  1. Years of participation.
  2. Quality and consistency of finds.
  3. Accuracy of previous identifications.
  4. How other experienced members interact with that person.
By those standards, sibbley seems to have developed a reputation as a solid, experienced hobbyist whose advice is worth considering. I would classify him as a reliable practical source, especially for:
  • Metal detecting methods.
  • Detector performance and settings.
  • Civil War and colonial relic hunting.
  • General hobby advice.
However, I would still recommend corroborating unusual identifications or historical conclusions with multiple experienced collectors, reference books, or specialists, because even very experienced detectorists occasionally disagree or make mistakes.
In short, yes—among TreasureNet members, sibbley appears to be regarded as a credible and knowledgeable contributor rather than just a casual poster.
 
T Net is and will always be a family of incredibly fine folks that help others in this great hobby and many times with other things as well. The Moderators rock too!
 
Now this is weird. Really weird!

I was Googling for something using an uploaded picture of the item and AI kicked in with an input I didn’t ask for… as it often does these days. The AI answer referenced a post I had made some time ago on TreasureNet as justification for its identification of the image I was researching.

Out of curiosity, I then asked AI “Is red-coat on TreasureNet a reliable source of information?” and this is the reply I got (verbatim):

"Yes, user Red-Coat on TreasureNet is widely regarded by community consensus as an exceptionally reliable and knowledgeable source for artifact identification, particularly concerning cultural artifacts, antiques, and military history. A highly respected Gold Member based out of Surrey, UK, Red-Coat has made a massive volume of high-quality, verified contributions since late 2019. Members frequently praise their deep historical insight into various cultural artifacts and vintage items, noting that their assessments are often backed by careful observation and documented historical records."

Not trying to blow my own trumpet here… but I was somewhat taken aback.
Looks like you are being carefully observed and documented Red-Coat...
 
OK... this is getting spooky now.

View attachment 2257338

Looks like you are being carefully observed and documented Red-Coat...

Fortunately, my undercover feline alter-ego identity remains secure. I asked Google AI: “What is the real name of member Red-Coat on TreasureNet?” and got this reply:

“The real name of the prominent TreasureNet member Red-Coat (based in Surrey, UK) is Christian Parkinson. Outside of TreasureNet, he is well-known as the author, filmmaker, and qualified battlefield guide who runs the Redcoat History website, YouTube channel, and podcast.”

None of the above is correct! I am not Christian Parkinson and have no connection to any of the above activities.

I use different screen names across multiple forums, not particularly for concealment of identity, but to help me keep track of correspondence. A number of members here will know exactly who I am because I have corresponded with them outside of the forums in which I participate.

My social media footprint is practically zero, apart from a rarely used Facebook account that has only attracted attention from a voluptuous lady in Brazil called Maria who was intent on befriending me. I’m pretty sure the picture she sent was not of her. If it was, she needs to buy more clothes.
 
Fortunately, my undercover feline alter-ego identity remains secure. I asked Google AI: “What is the real name of member Red-Coat on TreasureNet?” and got this reply:

“The real name of the prominent TreasureNet member Red-Coat (based in Surrey, UK) is Christian Parkinson. Outside of TreasureNet, he is well-known as the author, filmmaker, and qualified battlefield guide who runs the Redcoat History website, YouTube channel, and podcast.”

None of the above is correct! I am not Christian Parkinson and have no connection to any of the above activities.

I use different screen names across multiple forums, not particularly for concealment of identity, but to help me keep track of correspondence. A number of members here will know exactly who I am because I have corresponded with them outside of the forums in which I participate.

My social media footprint is practically zero, apart from a rarely used Facebook account that has only attracted attention from a voluptuous lady in Brazil called Maria who was intent on befriending me. I’m pretty sure the picture she sent was not of her. If it was, she needs to buy more clothes.
Thank you for that update Christian. :)
 
Now this is weird. Really weird!

I was Googling for something using an uploaded picture of the item and AI kicked in with an input I didn’t ask for… as it often does these days. The AI answer referenced a post I had made some time ago on TreasureNet as justification for its identification of the image I was researching.

Out of curiosity, I then asked AI “Is red-coat on TreasureNet a reliable source of information?” and this is the reply I got (verbatim):

"Yes, user Red-Coat on TreasureNet is widely regarded by community consensus as an exceptionally reliable and knowledgeable source for artifact identification, particularly concerning cultural artifacts, antiques, and military history. A highly respected Gold Member based out of Surrey, UK, Red-Coat has made a massive volume of high-quality, verified contributions since late 2019. Members frequently praise their deep historical insight into various cultural artifacts and vintage items, noting that their assessments are often backed by careful observation and documented historical records."

Not trying to blow my own trumpet here… but I was somewhat taken aback.


slow clap group gif.gif
 
Red-Coat is so well liked by American Detectorist that he may soon invite ALL of us to his town to detect everywhere we want! God save the King, and the King save Red-Coat. He does know his stuff. Kind of like a Treasure Net "Banner Find". (I know that's laying it on a little thick, got carried away somewhat, Haven't been on T-Net in a while.)
 
Red-Coat is so well liked by American Detectorist that he may soon invite ALL of us to his town to detect everywhere we want! God save the King, and the King save Red-Coat. He does know his stuff. Kind of like a Treasure Net "Banner Find". (I know that's laying it on a little thick, got carried away somewhat, Haven't been on T-Net in a while.)
He'll always be just Christian to me...I can't help it I just wanted to pinch his rosy cheeks...
 
Fortunately, my undercover feline alter-ego identity remains secure. I asked Google AI: “What is the real name of member Red-Coat on TreasureNet?” and got this reply:

“The real name of the prominent TreasureNet member Red-Coat (based in Surrey, UK) is Christian Parkinson. Outside of TreasureNet, he is well-known as the author, filmmaker, and qualified battlefield guide who runs the Redcoat History website, YouTube channel, and podcast.”

None of the above is correct! I am not Christian Parkinson and have no connection to any of the above activities.

I use different screen names across multiple forums, not particularly for concealment of identity, but to help me keep track of correspondence. A number of members here will know exactly who I am because I have corresponded with them outside of the forums in which I participate.

My social media footprint is practically zero, apart from a rarely used Facebook account that has only attracted attention from a voluptuous lady in Brazil called Maria who was intent on befriending me. I’m pretty sure the picture she sent was not of her. If it was, she needs to buy more clothes.
Maria....I just met a girl named Maria...
 
So the thing is, Red-Coat, none of us on here needed AI to tell us what we already know… this site lucky to have you, and we all appreciate what you bring to the forums.
Ok, gotta admit…. Plugged in my user name, and I’m blushing just a little.
Feel it’s best to stop there, God knows what else I’ll learn about myself.😱
 
So the thing is, Red-Coat, none of us on here needed AI to tell us what we already know… this site lucky to have you, and we all appreciate what you bring to the forums.
Ok, gotta admit…. Plugged in my user name, and I’m blushing just a little.
Feel it’s best to stop there, God knows what else I’ll learn about myself.😱
Yes, it's a new world we live in...
 
We’re doomed…😩 I’m wondering if the unibomber was right all along?


Been saying this for years now...Ted Kaczynski was mentally deranged, but I do
believe he was correct in that the leaps in computing and technology will ultimately
bring no good to the world.

For those of us born in the 50's/60's, we grew up in a different world where life was
much less complicated. That world no longer exists, and mankind has advanced so
fast technologically that, socially speaking, we are generations ahead of ourselves.

Just a humble opinion from a guy in the cheap seats...
twocents-1.gif
 
You might want to discuss this with Lenny Chatbot (+1 (423) 468-4041).
 
Last edited:
Now this is weird. Really weird!

I was Googling for something using an uploaded picture of the item and AI kicked in with an input I didn’t ask for… as it often does these days. The AI answer referenced a post I had made some time ago on TreasureNet as justification for its identification of the image I was researching.

Out of curiosity, I then asked AI “Is red-coat on TreasureNet a reliable source of information?” and this is the reply I got (verbatim):

"Yes, user Red-Coat on TreasureNet is widely regarded by community consensus as an exceptionally reliable and knowledgeable source for artifact identification, particularly concerning cultural artifacts, antiques, and military history. A highly respected Gold Member based out of Surrey, UK, Red-Coat has made a massive volume of high-quality, verified contributions since late 2019. Members frequently praise their deep historical insight into various cultural artifacts and vintage items, noting that their assessments are often backed by careful observation and documented historical records."

Not trying to blow my own trumpet here… but I was somewhat taken aback.

Well, well, redcoat, your post has blown me away.

I like to ask a question: Is A1 farming information from Treasurenet?
Well I guess the guys like me that were born in the 40's are just outa luck ! I feel so dejected I think I'll go get a cold one !
Trust me, on that, you were a lucky one. Got to experience the era of freedom unparalleled in human history.

Crow
 
I like to ask a question: Is A1 farming information from Treasurenet?

Crow

Google's AI answer:

Yes. AI search engines and research assistants (like ChatGPT, Perplexity, and Google's Gemini) actively crawl, read, and "farm" information from TreasureNet to answer user queries.
Because TreasureNet is a highly public and heavily indexed treasure hunting and metal detecting forum, AI models use its threads for:
  • Historical Identification: Looking up historical relics, coins, or farming implements.
  • General Search Queries: Aggregating member opinions, experiences, and historical theories about buried treasures.
  • Troubleshooting: Sourcing advice on metal detector settings or cleaning finds.
Why this matters to you:
AI is not a fact-checker; it is a web aggregator. Because the AI frequently surfaces member opinions as objective truths, users are often advised to double-check the actual source material on TreasureNet rather than trusting AI summaries at face value.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom