What's new

Gift. Need ID

Jonzer

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
541
Reaction score
55
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Natural Eyeball Pressure
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pen1.webppen2.webpSomeone gave this to my friend. Was wanting opinions on authenticity and ID. He said it was found in the Starved Rock area of Illinois. Thanks.
 
Upvote 0
The drill hole is tapered slightly from both sides.
 
:dontknow: I do not know the pics are kinda fuzzy and I have not found anything like that. That does not mean it is not real though.
 
Clear pics would help but it looks like a pebble pendant. Take your pics outside in the natural light it really helps and use the marco setting.
 
I would get more information on it; Who found it, Where was it found? , And, as you are trying to find out, is it real.
My feeling is that it looks iffy, without any provenance.
 
I think it could be authentic. Would have to see it in person. It's made from the correct material for a hardstone pendant at least. Would love to see it sometime.Hippy
 
Nice Porphyry pendant.......................................GTP
 
It is a cattle stone...attracts Bovines...lol

HH,
 
Like Hippy said, I wouldn't comment on authenticity without seeing it in person. Porphyry was a highly prized material in our area and if it is a good one, its a really good one!
 
Jonzer - I don't see anything about the piece that is significantly problematic for me. I'm sure holding in hand you have a substantially better feel on it's authenticity than we can. Out of curiosity, what is your opinion on the piece?

Joe
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom