pganjon
Hero Member
- Joined
- Nov 6, 2008
- Messages
- 573
- Reaction score
- 425
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- South Central Pa.
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett Master Hunter 5, Ace 250
- #1
Thread Owner
It has an indention at the bottom and the book describes it as an open pontil. Still was exciting to find in all that broken glass pganjon said:Thank you for your replies! This particular bottle has seams that stop at the beginning of the neck. I think it should be around an 1890's bottle. My kovels book is a 2006 and list it at $32.00, but reality set it when I found one sold on E-bay for $4.99. I guess the market fell a little since thenIt has an indention at the bottom and the book describes it as an open pontil. Still was exciting to find in all that broken glass
![]()
The indention at the bottom is very smooth and doesn't feel like it was snapped off a pontel rod! I also took a couple pictures of the neck. Do you think this is an 1890's or earlier bottle? The link that you sent about bottle identification was excellent
Have a Good one
Paul